What We're Eating : Sunday October 30 - Saturday November 5

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was our annual Jack O'Lantern carving party at my friends' house.

Started with an appetizer platter including a pimento cheese "pumpkin" with beet cut-outs of bat,ghost, cat and pumpkin, some jalapeno popper (ABT's) mummies, some sausage/puff pastry mummies, radish eyeballs, deviled eggs with black spiders, Spam cut outs on pepperjack cheese and crackers, and various cold cuts and pickled vegs. (also, a delicious salmon mousse!) We grazed on that all day.

Beautiful afternoon on the porch, prepping our pumpkins for carving, roasting the seeds, and when it was dark, the lighting of the Jack O'Lanterns. Ghost brownies for dessert and chick-flick movie watching before bed. A wonderful day!

Lee

Halloween platter overhead 1.jpeg

Jan and Ann's pond, Oct. 2022.jpeg

Ann and pumpkin, Oct. 2022.jpeg

Canoer on Jan and Ann's pond, sunset.jpeg

pumpkin seeds.jpeg

Ann's scary jack o'lantern, Oct. 2022.jpeg

eyeball jack o' Lantern, 0ct. 2022.jpeg

Ghost brownies.jpeg

Attachments

• Ann and pumpkin, Oct. 2022.jpeg
    Ann and pumpkin, Oct. 2022.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Forgot to take a Steak out ..... So
I let the Diner do it !
(I get a much nicer cut at the Butcher Shop,
and for less $$...)

Prime rib, Sweet Potato (Might have been from a can)
and Cold Broccoli ............
(Haven't been in there in over two years; will be two more before
I consider going back......)

Croydon Diner Prime Rib.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Forgot to take a Steak out ..... So
I let the Diner do it !
(I get a much nicer cut at the Butcher Shop,
and for less $$...)

Prime rib, Sweet Potato (Might have been from a can)
and Cold Broccoli ............
(Haven't been in there in over two years; will be two more before
I consider going back......)

View attachment 53796
Prime rib looks good.
That sweet potato; did they peel it?
You should have told them cold broccoli is only good cold in a salad environment Lol

Jusa

A pork tenderloin is the gift that keeps on giving, but trying to find new things to do with for multiple meals so it's not leftovers can be challenging. I brought about a 2.5 lb cryovac package with us on vacation. So far we had Iowa pork sammies, breaded cutlets with mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese, and breakfast breaded patties with eggs on top.

Tonight I cooked and diced the rest--some of which I turned into a pork and boursin cheese with Italian bread crumbs stuffing for hot peppers from our garden at home (with shredded parm on top) that I'm baking in marinara to serve over pasta.
20221030_195322.jpg

Jusa

A pork tenderloin is the gift that keeps on giving, but trying to find new things to do with for multiple meals so it's not leftovers can be challenging. I brought about a 2.5 lb cryovac package with us on vacation. So far we had Iowa pork sammies, breaded cutlets with mashed potatoes and broccoli with cheese, and breakfast breaded patties with eggs on top.

Tonight I cooked and diced the rest--some of which I turned into a pork and boursin cheese with Italian bread crumbs stuffing for hot peppers from our garden at home (with shredded parm on top) that I'm baking in marinara to serve over pasta.
View attachment 53802
Here's the final result:
20221030_221213.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Dishwasher has been down for a week... under warranty, so no $$ worries, but....

Repairman came this morning.......
"Motor is shot ! Gonna have to order one for ya ! will be maybe a week ........."

Dinner will be somewhere else for as long as I can afford it .......

Jusa

Stopped by the seafood store and picked up some crabmeat, grouper, and shrimp. Making crabmeat stuffed grouper tonight and bacon-wrapped crabmeat stuffed shrimp tomorrow night. The crabmeat stuffing has red bell pepper, green onion, roasted garlic and spinach in it. I'll post photos later.

Forgot photos but it was yum!

Last edited:

Jusa

I used the last of my pork tenderloin to make "sausage" pepoer gravy this morning (noon). I didn't have anything to make biscuits with since we are on vacation but had pancake mix i brought. I bought buttermilk the other day so that helped. It worked! I served over easy eggs on top. Forgot plated photos. 😆

20221101_141301.jpg

20221101_132738.jpg