What We're Eating Sunday Nov 27 - Saturday Dec 3

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Creamy turkey soup. And that's the end of Thanksgiving leftovers.

turkey_soup_112722_IMG_0337.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Okay, so my best friend told me that she cooked 2 turkeys and an uncured spiral-sliced ham that she bought at Trader Joe's. Told me everyone ate all the ham and that it was "much better than regular ham" and that "they only have it around the holidays". Since I've had a jones for ham and since my father is rehabbing after a minor fall (he doesn't like ham), I picked one up.

Did not use the sugary glaze (ick). It was okay, but bland compared to regular ham. Not worth the price unless one has an issue with sodium, and I wouldn't get it again.

I will be eating ham and lettuce sandwiches, ham salad, and pea soup forever!

Lee

IMG_8291.JPG

IMG_8292.JPG

IMG_8293.JPG

IMG_8294.JPG

Johnny West

Okay, so my best friend told me that she cooked 2 turkeys and an uncured spiral-sliced ham that she bought at Trader Joe's. Told me everyone ate all the ham and that it was "much better than regular ham" and that "they only have it around the holidays". Since I've had a jones for ham and since my father is rehabbing after a minor fall (he doesn't like ham), I picked one up.

Did not use the sugary glaze (ick). It was okay, but bland compared to regular ham. Not worth the price unless one has an issue with sodium, and I wouldn't get it again.

I will be eating ham and lettuce sandwiches, ham salad, and pea soup forever!

Lee

View attachment 54405

View attachment 54406

View attachment 54407

View attachment 54408
I’ll make a note. We don’t care for spiral cut hams usually go for a Hormel that is intact.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I usually don’t post restaurant meals, because we eat out so often. But this simple little meal tonight was so good - I’m sure I can duplicate it easily. However, I like the little place so I may just save it for there.

Naan flatbread topped with crumbled bacon, pear, Gouda, and a balsamic glaze drizzle. Simple, but a great combination!
9189B5E3-CC63-4143-8DCD-981EB38418D4.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I usually don’t post restaurant meals, because we eat out so often. But this simple little meal tonight was so good - I’m sure I can duplicate it easily. However, I like the little place so I may just save it for there.

Naan flatbread topped with crumbled bacon, pear, Gouda, and a balsamic glaze drizzle. Simple, but a great combination!
View attachment 54423

Was it served warm, Kathy?

Lee