What We're Eating Sunday January 30 - Saturday February 5

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like I'll be dining out with some friends again.
Either Mexican or Chinese.

Edit- spoke too soon.
One decided she can't make it and the other is exhausted.
Sooo.. I guess it's going to be chicken cutlets and salad.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Breakfast was Tomato salad with semolina sesame bread to dip (not pictured).

tomato_salad_013022_IMG_9215.jpg

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
this is a kraut drowned Berkshire pork chop topped with bacon-onion-celery compote - fresh panniert spaetzle
and experimentally peas poured into the kraut 30 minutes prior to service.
pinot grigio infused, covered casserole baked/braised at 200'F/93'C ~ 4 hours. falling off the bone drool factor....

IMG_2093.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Peep, you had me at the salad. Looks SO good!

Chowder, I'm liking your German-inspired meal, including the addition of experimental peas.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Johnny West

Your tamales look a lot better than the ones I made and the ones a Mexican friend made. I was thinking I'd never eat another one, but the meat in your tamales looks great!

Lee
Our friend’s Ann and Andy’s daughter‘s mother in law visited from California. They are from Oaxaca and she makes the best tamales. I think I ate ten at their wedding. Anyway, at Christmas time she gave them lessons on the proper technique. These were beef. I heated up a small can of red enchilada sauce to go with the tamale.

tonight’s dinner is two vegetarian dishes, one a salad and the other a crispy fried tofu thing.

Johnny West

Your tamales look a lot better than the ones I made and the ones a Mexican friend made. I was thinking I'd never eat another one, but the meat in your tamales looks great!

Lee
The Trader Joe’s tamales aren’t bad. I’ll get some next trip. After last night I’ve been craving them.

what do I know? The menu was changed to a vegetarian Shepard’s Pie.