What the hell is that?

chowhound

No, no trying to duplicate a game, but what the hell is this thing?

It's been laying in my yard the past few days and today it was 20 yards from its original postition, on the other side of my driveway, and it looks like it was chewed on some. I'm going to scoop it, because it looks like something I don't want to touch :shock:

Attachments

• what.jpg
    what.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 155

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Think soiled diaper and use a shovel to pick it up. As for chewed up, own a dog, if so don't let him lick your face for awhile. I rest my case about kids. :yuk:

chowhound

Ick. It crossed my mind it might be a diaper today, though the only experience I've had with them has been wearing then and that's been a while. I did not want to hear that. Friggin neighbors....

Lefty

Yank
Ick. It crossed my mind it might be a diaper today, though the only experience I've had with them has been wearing then and that's been a while. I did not want to hear that. Friggin neighbors....
Hey Fred, don't worry, in a few years you'll be back in them. ;)

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter

We have neighbors like that. She would change diapers in their playground and instead of walking a few feet to the trash can she would throw them over the fence into our yard. shot one of our horses in the face with a pressure washer, you name it they've done it.

Funny, a few visits from the sheriff and a video surveillance system really calmed them down.

Tickle Me Elmo

My first thought was disposable diaper. Real considerate way of "disposing" it. I've seen plenty tossed in parking lots. Inconsiderate dolts who do that can't make the effort to find a trash can.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
In my business, self storage we have to be careful of every thing, from soda cans left on the property to every thing else. Never know what a tenant will do or leave behind. Some stuff such as movies and such can be fun other things not so much. One just never knows what some people are thinking.

chowhound

I'm sure it was done more from laziness/ignornance than anything. They have a habit of thinking that items put loosely into their trash cans will find their way into the garbage truck bin when they are tipped upside down. And with the winds we were having Monday morning I'm surprised this was all that wound up in my yard. I did notice quite a few white bags stuck in the brush along my creek too, though.
I'm constantly picking out of my yard; paper plates, potato chip bags, golf ball sleeves, plastic planters and lawn ornaments, kids toys..... this is a new low though.

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yup, BT got it right on the head, LOL, and it has been about 3 years since I had to change em!
We had a neighbor do that once, long time ago, tossed a diaper over the fence or just threw them on the ground in front of the front apartment door, etc. You would see her out in the courtyard with her kid, and every time she had to change the diaper she would just toss the used one wherever and leave it.
Till one day I just picked a couple up, opened em up, and left em that way taped to her front door.... that did the trick!

3 Kids and it never crossed my mind even once to improperly dispose of a diaper...

chowhound

I used one of my pooper scoopers to pick it up. It was a lot heavier than it looked :shock:

I figure that a way I can bitch, but not bitch directly at the neighbor, is to call their garbage service (they use some oddball rather than the one everyone else uses) and say something to the service. Tell them their guys are sloppy about dumping cans or something. Then maybe they will say something to the people upwind of me about bagging all their garbage before they put it in the cans.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yep, it's a diaper! Rotten of the neighbors to do that to you, Chowhound.

It reminds me of when Sebastian was a baby. Nick was about 10 and Mandy was 18. Well, Mandy thought her brother Nick was the most irritating, annoying and worthless little brother on the planet and she was always on his butt about something. He got her back by collecting the rolled-up, poopy diapers and putting them in a large plastic bag under Mandy's bed. She had some storage boxes under her bed so it was easy to manage to hide the bag so she wouldn't readily see it. She kept complaining about a smell in her room but didn't find it until she was packing to move out. No one told her who did it, which drove her crazy for years!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like my dysfunctional family there FM, got to love them kids though they can be ingenious and devious.