What are you eating > Sunday 8/7/2022 to Saturday 8/13/2022?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been living in a hotel waiting for our new home to be finished. Started my new job last Monday. Can't cook anything but microwave stuff right now. I may indulge ang grab some Thai food for Sunday dinner

New home? New job? Hotel? Talk about stess!

Make sure you take care of yourself, RM! Thai food sounds great!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'm having Chef Bruce Aidells chicken apple sausages, Heinz baked beans, and I made a spinach/tomato and pecan salad with balsamic vinaigrette.

20220807_162340.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Beef Tenderloin, seared and finished in the oven...
Roasted Baby Yukon's, Buttered Corn-off-the-Cob...

I've learned recently that to be called "Filet Mignon"
the cut must come from the smaller end of the Tenderloin....
Sam's Club called this a Filet Mignon, but it's obviously from the Large end....

Steak, Tenderloin 8-7-22.JPG

SilverSage

Resident Crone
So. I showed y’all the small amount of actual chicken meat I pulled from the pound and a half of chicken tenders my cousin left here. Tonight I turned it into curried chicken salad and served it over an assortment of lettuces.

The the curried dressing helped mask the saltiness of the processed meat. It was actually pretty good. I just couldn’t bring myself to throw out the food she left, so this worked.

I usually make this with red grapes but all I had were green. Also, I had no currants, so I used raisins. It was still good with the substitutions. But it’s usually better with fresh chicken, red grapes, and currants. I had the a;monds and apples, so those didn't need substitutions.
B810C06B-81F7-48E3-B189-24B510816F99.jpeg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I swear your dishes are like the ones in last night’s rental. I like them.
I have a whole set of ones that looked like that. They were the dishes you used to get at the supermarket. One piece a week, and you could also pay extra for the extra pieces like serving bowls, platters, sugar, creamer, etc. I loved them, but they were heavy. I packed them away and got Corelle.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So. I showed y’all the small amount of actual chicken meat I pulled from the pound and a half of chicken tenders my cousin left here. Tonight I turned it into curried chicken salad and served it over an assortment of lettuces.

The the curried dressing helped mask the saltiness of the processed meat. It was actually pretty good. I just couldn’t bring myself to throw out the food she left, so this worked.

I usually make this with red grapes but all I had were green. Also, I had no currants, so I used raisins. It was still good with the substitutions. But it’s usually better with fresh chicken, red grapes, and currants. I had the a;monds and apples, so those didn't need substitutions. View attachment 51877

Beautiful presentation!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
It was in the 90s here today, too. But that’s the norm in the summer, so it’s not really a reason not to cook. I baked a sweet potato, cooked a blackened pork tenderloin, and topped it with fresh mango salsa.

Attachments

• 263319DF-6D8B-48A5-B454-65F485B7D0F1.jpeg
    263319DF-6D8B-48A5-B454-65F485B7D0F1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47