What are you eating Sunday 2/19/2023 to Saturday 2/25/2023?

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Little Necks Appy,
Steamed Mussels with Rice
in a Garlic-Butter-Tomato concoction
Creamy Cole Slaw, Carried In...

Clams, Appy 2-24-23.JPG
Mussels, Steamed 2-24-23.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LT, are littlenecks difficult to open? I'd like to get them for my father. You eat them raw, right?

Lee
Yes, they are: But the Fish Monger pops 'em for me, so
no, they're not , lol ! Yes, raw... I prefer Cherry Stones,
but he doesn't bring them in any more; not many like the BIG clams.
Yes, raw, with sauce and lemon, but I forgot to buy a lemon yesterday,
had to settle for a bit of Lemon Juice in the Sauce...

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Holy shirt! How in the world can anyone (but John, maybe) eat and drink all of that????

That menu looks spectacular, but I could only eat/drink 2 courses.

Enjoy, Kathy and Judy!

Lee
The portions of each course are on the small side, and the wine pours are only about 3 ounces each, so it's manageable. But we asked for a to-go box and dropped in anything we didn't finish. I ate all of the appys, fish course, and beef course. Didn't finish all of the salad, pork or dessert. Judy likewise didn't eat everything. So we brought some food home. All in all, it was outstanding. I did order 3 bottles of wine. 1 bottle of the 2019 Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, and 2 bottles of the 2019 Chappellet Cabernet Franc. I still have 2 bottles of the 2018 Cabernet Franc in my cellar, so I'm looking forwar to a bit of vertical tasting. The Pritchard Hill is a very special bottle, whch I will keep for a very special occasion.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The portions of each course are on the small side, and the wine pours are only about 3 ounces each, so it's manageable. But we asked for a to-go box and dropped in anything we didn't finish. I ate all of the appys, fish course, and beef course. Didn't finish all of the salad, pork or dessert. Judy likewise didn't eat everything. So we brought some food home. All in all, it was outstanding. I did order 3 bottles of wine. 1 bottle of the 2019 Pritchard Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, and 2 bottles of the 2019 Chappellet Cabernet Franc. I still have 2 bottles of the 2018 Cabernet Franc in my cellar, so I'm looking forwar to a bit of vertical tasting. The Pritchard Hill is a very special bottle, whch I will keep for a very special occasion.

Whew! Great post - thanks, Kathy!

Had to look up "vertical tasting" :

A wine tasting provides an excellent opportunity to sample and compare the differences between wines. While a traditional tasting typically includes a variety of types and styles, a vertical wine tasting includes different vintages of the same type of wine from the same winery.

Lee

Last edited:

Johnny West

Little Necks Appy,
Steamed Mussels with Rice
in a Garlic-Butter-Tomato concoction
Creamy Cole Slaw, Carried In...

View attachment 56295View attachment 56296
I wanted raw little necks when we went east but no one had them. I doubt I’ll ever get to MV again.

Last night I pan fried the black cod shoulder piece - it had a lot bones but were easy to find. The sides were pan fried cauliflower and coleslaw, a white meal.

89F4EBBA-20DC-407C-8C5F-43D2EFBF9B3B.jpeg
FFF5A90A-D9F5-4E8B-AF88-DD34C2BE38DF.jpeg