What are you eating Sunday, 10/18/2020 to Saturday, 10/24/2020?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well another mostly sleepless night. The cold and damp days have my joints hurting.

I had planned a Chinese inspired dinner tonight:
A small pot of homemade wonton soup.
Fried rice (the jasmine rice is cooked and waiting in the fridge).
Red pork to add to the wonton soup and fried rice.
And Orange Chicken.

But that may have to wait till tomorrow.
Dinner is not set yet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well another mostly sleepless night. The cold and damp days have my joints hurting.

I had planned a Chinese inspired dinner tonight:
A small pot of homemade wonton soup.
Fried rice (the jasmine rice is cooked and waiting in the fridge).
Red pork to add to the wonton soup and fried rice.
And Orange Chicken.

But that may have to wait till tomorrow.
Dinner is not set yet.
Not sure if this will be dinner. At this point my finger and wrist joints are screaming. The eczema on my fingers and back of hands is burning. Especially when I wash my hands. Which I do very often while prepping/cooking. I try to use gloves when possible but I don't feel safe wearing them when I'm using knives.
I really want to make this dinner but "spirit willing ..." :sad:

Embryodad

Same here ! .... Kids are coming over, so we are ordering take out. I suggested Chinese, but Tina said NO!
"Too much sodium for you!" :cry:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Good Lord, these are delicious.
?

Nct20201018_144456.jpg

Johnny West

Tonight is Tunisian meatballs, a lamb and beef mix, Israeli cous cous, Tunisian bread - she used Italian semolina wit fennel, anise, and black caraway seeds. There is also Mediterranean salad of Some sort, and a flourless lemon cake for afters. There will be red wine, of course.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tonight is Tunisian meatballs, a lamb and beef mix, Israeli cous cous, Tunisian bread - she used Italian semolina wit fennel, anise, and black caraway seeds. There is also Mediterranean salad of Some sort, and a flourless lemon cake for afters. There will be red wine, of course.
Tunisian salad.JPG

Tunisian meatballs.JPG

Tunisian white cake.JPG

Tunisian brown cake.JPG

What a spectacular-looking meal, John! Cudos to your DW!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I prepped just about everything for tonight's meal. I am beat already. Good thing dinner will be around 7:00.
And my red pork id cooked and sliced.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was homemade wonton soup (homemade red pork, bean sprouts, sliced mushrooms and scallions added), homemade fried rice and orange chicken (I never made this before and not sure it came out right and probably won't make it again).

wonton_soup_101920_IMG_7309.JPG

fried_rice_orange_chicken_101920_IMG_7311.JPG

Red Pork

red_pork_chop_101920_IMG_7307.JPG

Last edited:

Johnny West

I don't think I'll be cooking today. (Too much crap from ungrateful people. Long story).
You deserve a break.

I’m eating a lot of sandwiches... wife is tired of cooking. Long story for me, too. I’d kill for a bucket of KFC but she’s tired of that, too.

I have no clue what is for tonight. Last night was leftover Tunisian meat balls and there are more left but three nights in a row is to much.