What are you eating Sunday, 1/3/2020 to Saturday, 1/9/2021?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Been up most of the night with aches and pains. I don't think I will be cooking tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We ordered Chinese. Chicken with mixed veggies (with white sauce) and pork fried rice.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken-Fried Steak (Petite Sirloin), Mashed Idaho's, Sausage Gravy, Lefty Chopped Collards...

Steak, Chicken - Fried - Collards.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Simple Eggplant Parmesan with linguine on the side.

Diamonds cut in flesh. Topped with olive oil, herbs, spices and seasoned bread crumbs.

eggplant_parmesan_010421_1_IMG_7543.JPG

Baked till crumbs brown and eggplant is tender.

Then topped with sauce, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano and mozzarella cheeses.

Baked till cheese is melted and slightly browned.

eggplant_parmesan_010421_2_IMG_7544.JPG

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Chinese BBQ pork steaks, marinated for 2 days, purchased egg rolls with hot mustard, and I pickled what was left of the cucumber from making the raita with rice vinegar since I figured we'd need something to cut the sweet/fattiness of the pork.
2021-01-04 19.11.17.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made a mess of some dumplings last night. I had a package of beautiful dumpling wrappers in the freezer, but it guess they hed been there too long. When they thawed, 5hey were all dry and cracking, and crumbled when I tried to pleat them.

So.......I used a package of wonton wraps, which I hadn't realized were vegan. No egg in the pasta! Dried out faster then I could fill them. They were square, so I couldn't pleat them the right way, I just pulled the corners up into little purses. They weren't pretty, but it worked. I'll be more careful not to buy vegan again, I didn't like the texture as much after steaming.
I loved the filling, though. It was from a New York Times recipe with pork, lots of ginger, scallions, garlic, Napa cabbage, etc. Next time I'll use more cabbage however. They were ugly, but tasty! Served with 4 dipping sauces.
20210104_174332.jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I made a mess of some dumplings last night. I had a package of beautiful dumpling wrappers in the freezer, but it guess they hed been there too long. When they thawed, 5hey were all dry and cracking, and crumbled when I tried to pleat them.

So.......I used a package of wonton wraps, which I hadn't realized were vegan. No egg in the pasta! Dried out faster then I could fill them. They were square, so I couldn't pleat them the right way, I just pulled the corners up into little purses. They weren't pretty, but it worked. I'll be more careful not to buy vegan again, I didn't like the texture as much after steaming.
I loved the filling, though. It was from a New York Times recipe with pork, lots of ginger, scallions, garlic, Napa cabbage, etc. Next time I'll use more cabbage however. They were ugly, but tasty! Served with 4 dipping sauces.
View attachment 40121
"A" for Effort, SS !

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter

I've had that happen. Realized they've got to be tightly wrapped in plastic wrap (even if never opened) or vacu sealed, can't leave any air touching them.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
A 1 pot meal, chicken glazed with honey mustard, veges of Brussel sprouts, pears and onions. The seemingly never ending stalk of Brussel sprouts is almost empty, just a few sprouts left that are destined for a vegetarian savory pie.
2021-01-05 18.07.36.jpg