What are you doing today?

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
So!
I got to see my girls and give them their presents only after making several phone calls because their silly mother refused to take them to Ty's house because of his new lady and her kids being there.
Got it done!

Aimee refused to go to her parents for dinner because of Veronica , her brothers ex. They have a history which I recall quite well.
We're going there this afternoon to eat leftovers and so I can have some of Sophie's pasteles, fresh.

The best part of Christmas Eve was getting through all the drama and going to work!
Merry Christmas! Lol

medtran49

Site Supporter
I had to work some yesterday and made the risotto for dinner, but I also got started on the Buche de Noel for our real Christmas celebration with DD and DGD'S later this week. Molded fondant decorations so they'll have time to dry. Meringue mushrooms today.

Attachments

• 2018-12-25 14.36.18.jpg
    2018-12-25 14.36.18.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 78

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Went to Defiance for a visit this morn to see my grandies.
Daddy's getting out of the towing biz in favour of being there for them more.
He's going back to mechanic/shop work.
Has a new lady too who loves the girls as her own.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I didn't do much of anything yesterday except watch a little tv. The fur flew between Meghan and Sunny on The View. It was quite entertaining.

Meghan was on one of her non-ending kicks when Sunny tried to step in and comment. Meghan quickly shot back, "I'm still talking." Joy gave Meghan the stink eye and Meghan stopped.

Sunny took the floor, and Meghan tried to step in and comment. Sunny came back with, "I'm still talking :yum:." Whoopi came to the rescue and announced a short break. If looks could kill :yum:, Meghan and Sunny would have been dead meat.

Not much going on today, just waiting on some knock-off crocs that I ordered on Amazon.

For the New Year, I'm going to try to get back into the habit of making a weekly menu and planning my grocery list from that. Maybe I'll do a little better in the cooking dept.

Great job on the meringue mr's, Med!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Finally reorganized my sock drawer.

Amazing how much room there is now!

Lee

Attachments

• sock drawer.JPG
    sock drawer.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 45

Embryodad

Finally reorganized my sock drawer.

Amazing how much room there is now!

Lee
Nice and neat Lee! I am a finicky sock drawer keeper!
Each pair of mine are rolled and tucked into a ball. Ever since I was a kid, mom insisted we keep our socks that way.
Tina hates when I do that, and she still lays mine folded in half; flat, one on top of the other.

Johnny West

Yesterday, after coming home from school, I made over 3 gallons of chili for our church soup kitchen today. I cooked up two pounds of pinto and pink beans and took forever for them to get tender. they were 5-6 years old so pretty dried out. This morning I finished them off, adjusted the spices, and it's ready to go. Last week they fed over 40 (they give out seconds to easily) and ran out of soup so this should cover that number and more. :WitchBrewsSmiley:

Tonight I'll grill a steak. :weber:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
baking . . . his is what happens when you do have snow, but do not have burger buns...
IMG_1162.jpg

saved the recipe by someone attempting to re-create "Navy hamburger rolls" - first attempt - needs tweaking - dough was much too slack.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
taste / texture is super - the problem was the physical shaping/handling.

original hydration was 65% - my notes suggest 55% next time....

Johnny West

I want to make banana bread and cookies today but need to do shoveling. It's supposed to snow all week, which is unusual for us. We'll see.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
lollie, u hit many correct places- my bestie is afraid of furries, so i'll be there by myself this summer; may meet u @ convention center-- odd that they scare him-- meh, well-- he's kinda not so very social-

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I stopped at Primanti Brothers once. I got what the waitress said was the most popular sandwich ......it was loaded with all kinds of stuff besides teh meat. I did not care for it at all. If it were just pastrami and cheese I would love that. So my question: is that all your sandwich had on it or was it loaded with all the other 'stuff' Primanti Brothers is known for?

doc!! gasp~ fries & slaw make that sammich-- not so simplistic to navigate, delicious tho-- namely w/ an egg~~ ummm--

Last edited: