What are you Baking today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Strawberry muffins:

vKiTRdG.jpg

8JcblGd.jpg

Yummy with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and homemade strawberry ice cream.

3ISBAf6.jpg

We have strawberry season here right now, as you can deduce. ;)

Mmmm!! Strawberry ice cream!!! Looks DELISH!! So do the other deserts!! :applause: :bounce:

Saliha

The forests are full of wild bilberries and my kitchen is full of fragrance of bilberry pie.

Bilberry oat pie:

MXRrXuv.jpg

Johnny West

I think I'm the only one around here that has lovage. A little goes a long way and usually use it in my veg/beef soup.

Your harvest pie looks interesting and will have to try it.

Johnny West

I started raising that in my herb garden in Germany and brought seeds back with me. Right now my crop has taken a beating in this drought, even with watering, so will cut it back and by Fall it will be going strong again. I'll dry some for the winter.

Johnny West

I'm thinking a peach cobbler - my DIL took all the peaches the other night so will have to get some to add to the tinned. I mix half Elberta and have fresh.

Let me find my recipe and I'll post it here. I got it from Saveur.

Johnny West

Rhubarb pie:

8BYR1kN.jpg

I used shortcrust dough with this and it worked well.

That looks fantastic! I've got a lot of rhubarb and was thinking of a pie but since there is company tonight I'll make a rhubarb crisp. I'll need to get some vanilla ice-cream. I assume you make the custard from scratch?

The peach cobbler didn't get done as the day got away from me and was babysitting my Amelia.

I was wondering what a short crust dough was...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/shortcrustpastry_1278

Saliha

:oops:

Seems I used wrong word when described the dough. No its not shortcrust dough but something else. Its more like dry cake dough. Better I will post later the recipe as I can´t find the right word for it.

Custard? I didn´t use custard with cake at all.

Johnny West

:oops:

Seems I used wrong word when described the dough. No its not shortcrust dough but something else. Its more like dry cake dough. Better I will post later the recipe as I can´t find the right word for it.

Custard? I didn´t use custard with cake at all.

That's quite all right, the short crust looks like it would work though - I cheat and use pre-made Pillsbury pie crusts that I roll out a bit. The short crust would be perfect for the Steak and Guinness Pie.

I've made rhubarb pie with a custard filling and that's what the top of yours looks like to me. I didn't realize your was a cake.

This is similar to what I did but used the Betty Crocker recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/rhubarb-custard-pie-iv/?mxt=t06dda

Last edited:

Saliha

I am baking cookies:

FXZ65Cs.jpg

Coconut and cinnamon cookies. I could say that I am practising for the Christmas time. :biggrin:

Saliha

Apple pie today:

QvuO4LJ.jpg

I read the thread about Paula Red apples and tried them with this pie. Tasty apples and they work well in the pie too, thanks for this apple thread, Lee.

:thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Saliha, you are an amazing and accomplished cook!

Beautiful!

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.