What Are We Eating 31 July - 6 August

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Marinated NY Strip, pan-seared and finished in the oven...
Baby Bella's , sauteed in Butter & Wine...
Roasted Baby Yukon's...
Steamed Sprouts & Radishes...

NY Strip 7-31-22.JPG

Embryodad

The sausage and peppers was not what we suspected. The onions were tough, and I cooked them slowly till at the point of caramelization. The red and yellow bell Peppers were thick tough skins. I practically had to eat them like artichokes.
The potato wedges were too soft, and didn't taste like potatoes.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I never did get a picture of the grilling. It was to hot, grill was hot, and didn’t want to burn the meat.

it was all well received and the German brats were fantastic. I made a Sheboygan.

View attachment 51672View attachment 51673
What's a Sheboygan? When I hear/see that, the only thing that I think of is the movie, “Some like it hot”. LOL

Embryodad

Tonight will be BLT with a brat in the middle. What to call it? The Kenosha Kicker?

I don’t know why we call it a BLT as we never use lettuce.
We re-do the ordinary B L T into what we call ..... B L T C S's. That Being Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Salami.
The cheese Has To Be "Land O Lakes" Deli Sliced, and just One slice of Hormel Hard Salami. Just one thin slice.
A good thing to note, is that if there is no fried bacon cooked, that one slice of Salami acts as a substitute. In My Opinion!

Johnny West

We re-do the ordinary B L T into what we call ..... B L T C S's. That Being Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Salami.
The cheese Has To Be "Land O Lakes" Deli Sliced, and just One slice of Hormel Hard Salami. Just one thin slice.
A good thing to note, is that if there is no fried bacon cooked, that one slice of Salami acts as a substitute. In My Opinion!
I was using cold turkey bacon and ir works, as well.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hard salami is like crack to me - absolutely my favorite cold cut! Not Genoa, but Hard.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Top sirloin with sauteed mushrooms, honey gold potatoes and zucchini noodles, which I love!
I bought a large pack of the steaks as they were a good price.
Those zoodles are delicious steamed in the microwave (Green Giant).. they are great just as they are. Didn't season them at all.

NCT20220801_163244_614x614.jpg