What are some Favorite Food Quotes??

Deelady

I always enjoyed reading peoples signatures as well as searching for food quotes....what are some of your favorites?

I'll start...one of my favorites as you might have seen before is:

“You know that just before that first Thanksgiving dinner there was one wise, old Native American woman saying,
“Don’t feed them. If you feed them, they’ll never leave.” –Dylan Brody

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?
Julia Child

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
Julia Child

Fat gives things flavor.
Julia Child

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps. ~Miss Piggy

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Chili represents your three stages of matter: solid, liquid, and eventually gas. ~Roseanne

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead - not sick, not wounded - dead. ~Woody Allen

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]As for butter versus margarine, I trust cows more than chemists. ~Joan Gussow

[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it. ~Julia Child
[/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon. ~Doug Larson

[/FONT]

buckytom

Grill Master
about vegetarian food: that's not food! that's what food eats!!!

i'd rather have a bottle in front of me instead of a frontal lobotomy.

vyapti

"Well, there's spam egg sausage and spam, that's not got much spam in it."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh gosh, I forgot how much I loved Monty Python...thanks so much for posting it. I'm off to YouTube to look for more...maybe the one with the dead parrot in the pet shop.

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, lobo. did they mean ter-maters, or mothers, or matters?

btw karen, i can't count how many times i've had to explain why a norwegian blue parrot is funny.

parrots are tropical for the most part; norway isn't exactly tropical, therefore a parrot from they couldn't exist. if it did it would be blue because it's freezing cold.

ok, as before (and how most british cerebral comedy works), it isn't funny anymore once you explain it.

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
C is for cookie, and that’s good enough for me. – C. Monster

awesomonster.gif:yum:

vyapti

lol, lobo. did they mean ter-maters, or mothers, or matters?

btw karen, i can't count how many times i've had to explain why a norwegian blue parrot is funny.

parrots are tropical for the most part; norway isn't exactly tropical, therefore a parrot from they couldn't exist. if it did it would be blue because it's freezing cold.

ok, as before (and how most british cerebral comedy works), it isn't funny anymore once you explain it.

apparently, the plumage doesn't enter into it.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
BT, I just went to watch the bit about the Norwegian blue parrot (lovely plumage, eh?) and it's every bit as funny as I remembered it. Yes, you're so right.

Cuisinette

i can't count how many times i've had to explain why a norwegian blue parrot is funny.

:yum::yum::yum:
Sorry for the OT... here is a joke I found very funny

So there's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like a sailor - I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for 5 minutes straight without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a quiet, conservative type, and this bird's fowl mouth is driving him crazy.

One day, it gets to be too much, so the guy grabs the bird by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!". But this just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy gets mad and says, "OK for you!" and locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches, and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a stream of invective that would make a veteran sailor blush.

At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets_very_quiet.

At first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the freezer door. The bird calmly climbs onto the man's out-stretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on.".

The man is astounded. He can't understand the transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot says, "By the way, pardon me for asking, but what did the chicken do?".

Deelady

"I bought a box of animal crackers and it said on it "Do not eat if seal is broken." So I opened up the box, and sure enough... " (Brian Kiley) :)

We are living in a world where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, sugar, caffeine and fat. – Alex Levine

And I copied that joke cuisinette!! Good one!! lol :D

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
peter griffin: oh my god, brian. there's a message in my alphabits! it say's OOoooOOOoo

brian griffin: those are cheerios.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Greengrocers earn a meager celery, come home beet and just want to read the pepper, take a leek, turnip the covers endive into bed.:biggrin:

Guts

this is more of a toast then a quote but a great one when doing shots.

You live forever, and I never die.:margarita:

Ronjohn

"You gonna finish those?"

My friends in college, looking at my french fries/nachos/damn near anything at the bar.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
A bit(?) crude, but nonetheless memorable within our family...

"If you go away from this table hungry, it's you're own damn fault."

This was coined by our late father when my twin brother brought his Irish girlfriend home for Sunday dinner for the first time, and she could not find anything to her liking on our Slovenian table. I think Mom made tripe stew and polenta that day, and a dandelion salad with bacon and hard cooked eggs (the salad was in a large bowl, and we all ate from the same bowl). The lass cried and my brother took her home, only to marry her a few years later. She repaid him by inviting him to dinner in her home and made lamb chops, which he loathed. When he made a comment about the food, she simply said... "If you go away from this table hungry, it's you're own damn fault." I was not there, but I heard that everyone roared laughing, and Dad went to McDonalds for dinner. They were finally even, and were great friends till he passed.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My Grandmother: "Are you full yet?"
Who said you have to walk away from the table full? lol