Victoria, B.C.

Johnny West

Yesterday I went for a short walk before lunch and took a few pictures.

This is the famed The Empress Hotel, a Fairmont hotel. I had two old aunts stay here when it was new back in 1905 or so.

To the far left, in the lower level, they had a pub called the Charles Dickens where we used to have lunch but they took it out and made it into a health club.

0279F4B7-C529-46B1-8194-901341720AC4.jpeg
4A67D9EB-B8FC-47F5-BF37-E3D3946CA553.jpeg

Johnny West

The inner harbor facing the Hotel Grand Pacific. The building in the front has the Steamship Grill and the the smaller hotel to the right is the Days Inn where we had lunch yesterday. The larger hotel to the right we’ve stayed at twice, don’t remember the name.

414FB6C7-1961-4DA7-AB69-A6A168CDA258.jpeg

Johnny West

Speaking of lunch Mt DIL ordered a small poutine and she got this thing, it was freaking huge. I didnt bother to taste it as my fish and chips were more than enough.

Nancy and Ann shared a nachos Which could have used more cheese.

FA75382A-28BF-4F4C-8D47-6F769920BB96.jpeg
00A235E5-B713-403A-ADEC-2B1F64C47191.jpeg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great pics, John. Looks and sounds as if you folks had a terrific time!

Your photo of poutine quashed my desire to ever order it. Did your DIL like it? Aren't there supposed to be cheese curds?

Lee

Johnny West

Great pics, John. Looks and sounds as if you folks had a terrific time!

Your photo of poutine quashed my desire to ever order it. Did your DIL like it? Aren't there supposed to be cheese curds?

Lee
Like everything, chefs/cooks have their ideas on how to make dishes. Every time I’ve had poutine the gravy was thiner and wonderful. I looked at that one and said, “no thanks”. The cheese was under the gravy. I’ll have to ask her how she liked it.