Turbo Turkey Breast

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wanted to roast a turkey breast, mainly for lunches, and looked up recipes for a 7 lb. breast. I found this one, and though I was skeptical about keeping the 425 oven temp throughout, I read the reviews and others loved the results.

I did use a probe thermometer and it only took an hour and a half to reach an internal temp of 168! I double checked the temp with an instant read thermometer, and saw that the little pop-up thing had popped, too. Done! ( Can't imagine how the recipe's author could go for 2 hours and 20 minutes! I posted her recipe below)

I let it rest for about a half hour and deboned it. I was amazed at how tender and moist the meat was!

This is a keeper! Made a big bowl of salad with turkey on top and lite ranch dressing. Hit the spot!

Lee

Turbo Turkey Breast https://www.crunchycreamysweet.com/roasted-turkey-breast/
  • 7 lb. turkey breast
  • 3 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 3/4 tsp paprika
  • 2 tsp chopped poultry fresh herb mix rosemary, sage and thyme
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 medium onion chopped into large slices
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 2 stalks of celery, rough chop
  • Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare your roaster pan.
  2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix oil, paprika, herb mix, salt and pepper.
  3. Wash the turkey breast, remove gravy pocket. Wash and pat dry. Brush turkey breast with olive oil mixture. Place one chopped celery stalk, 2 garlic cloves and half of the onion inside the turkey. Place remaining veggies around the breast on pan. Add stock to the bottom of the pan.
  4. Place the turkey in the oven and cook for 20 minutes per pound. I cooked my 7 lb turkey breast for 140 minutes (2 hours and 20 minutes). Baste the turkey breast with pan juices every 20 minutes or so.
  5. If you want the skin crispier, place the turkey under broiler set to 440 degrees F. Broil until skin is golden and crispy, watching the turkey the whole time. You may have to rotate the pan during broiling.
  6. To make the gravy, drain the pan drippings through a sieve to catch the onions and garlic. You can also press them through it to get all the flavor into the gravy. Measure out two cups of the liquid and place in a saucepan. Add a mixture of 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cold water and whisk well. Bring the mixture to boil and simmer until thickens.

Turkey breast.JPG

Turkey salad bowl.JPG