trivia 8/17

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
trivia 8/17

DID YOU KNOW ...

The most poisonous fish in the world is the Stone Fish. Its sting can cause shock, paralysis, and even death if not treated within a few hours.

1. What singer played the role of "James Bond" villain, Professor Joe Butcher, in "License to Kill"?

a. - Tom Jones

b. - Andy Williams

c. - Englebert Humperdinck

d. - Wayne Newton

2. A quokka is a type of __________.

a. - Horse

b. - Ink pen

c. - Marsupial

d. - Primate

3. Which one of these characters was *NOT* one of David Bowie's creations?

a. - Aladdin Sane

b. - Rocket Man

c. - Ziggy Stardust

d. - Major Tom

4. How many republics were there in the Soviet Union before its dissolution in the 1990s?

a. - 10

b. - 15

c. - 20

d. - 25

5. Ukraine has land borders with seven other countries. Which of the following is *NOT* one of them?

a. - Serbia

b. - Romania

c. - Hungary

d. - Slovakia

6. Which of these animals has the longest migration route?

a. - Wildebeest

b. - Zebra

c. - Gnu

d. - Caribou

7. To what country must I travel to visit Rangoon ?

8. The Cortland, Spartan and Empire are all varieties of...

a. - Cherries

b. - Peaches

c. - Grapes

d. - Apples

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

Even though the Armistice Agreement of 1953 ended the fighting in the Korean War, only South Korea signed the peace treaty; therefore, they are still officially at war.

1. - d

2. - c

3. - b

4. - b

5. - a

6. - d

7. Myanmar (Burma is also acceptable ...)

8. - d

CRAP !!

Even though the Armistice Agreement of 1953 ended the fighting in the Korean War, neither North nor South Korea signed the peace treaty; therefore, they are still officially at war.

LastManStanding

I knew 5 and 7.
Serbia is specifically highlighted in news due to their political stance and their gas route which is why I knew that answer.

Rangoon is Yangon today, and Irrawaddy river is Ayeyarwady river. And Burma is Myanmar. But all that comes second if you know that they drive on the right side of the road but the vast majority of their vehicles are "right hand side driver" ones. I.e. driver on the right, and driving on the right.