Trivia 8/10

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Trivia 8/10

DID YOU KNOW ...

The Growing of one pound of rice requires 400 gallons of water .

1. Who were the only two of the Fifty to be admitted to the union during the civil war?

a. - Oklahoma & West Virginia

b. - West Virginia & Nevada

c. - Nevada & New Mexico

d. - New Mexico & California

2. which walt disney movie features Keegan-Michael Key as Honest John, an anthropomorphic red fox con artist ?

3. which planet is named for the messenger of the gods?

4. what's the beverage mentioned in the title of lawrence welk's theme song?

5. which two land masses are separated by the bering strait?

6. according to uncle remus, who "slung ole br'er rabbit right in de briar patch!"?

7. who played the title role in the 1938 classic, "captain blood"?

8. Argus, a character from greek myth had how many eyes

a. - 25

b. - 50

c. - 75

d. - 100

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

The first sitting POTUS to be arrested : W.T. Grant, in 1872.

1. - b

2. "PINOCCHIO"

3. MERCURY

4. WINE

5. NORTH AMERICA AND ASIA

6. BR'ER FOX

7. ERROL FLYNN

8. - d

TRUTH !!

When police officer William Henry West pulled over Ulysses S. Grant for speeding in a horse-drawn carriage on the streets of Washington, D.C. in 1872, he issued the president a warning. The very next day, however, West caught Grant in the midst of another race with his friends.

Looking like "a schoolboy who had been caught in a guilty act by his teacher," as West recalled to the Evening Star in 1908, Grant reportedly asked, "Do you think, officer, that I was violating the speed laws?"

Answering in the affirmative, West replied, "I am very sorry, Mr. President, to have to do it, for you are the chief of the nation, and I am nothing but a policeman, but duty is duty, sir, and I will have to place you under arrest."

Grant's brush with the law marked the first and so far only time a sitting United States president has been arrested.