Trivia 7/20

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Trivia 7/20

DID YOU KNOW ;

The heart of the blue whale, the largest animal on earth, is five feet long and weighs 400 pounds. The whale in total weighs 40,000 pounds.
For comparison, an elephant's heart weighs around 30 pounds. A mere 10 ounces for the human heart.

1. I was a Scottish medical missionary and explorer. The first European to see the Victoria Falls. You may presume my name is?

a. - Dr. David Livingstone

b. - Dr. Marcus Welby

c. - Dr. Henry Stanley

d. - Dr. Yuri Zhivago

2. Which triangle has all angles that are less than 90 degrees?

a. - right

b. - obtuse

c. - acute

d. - scalene

3. Fill in the Blank ;

Tim Rice wrote the lyrics to this musical entitled, "Chess." One of the more popular songs is "One Night in _____."

4. Fill in the Blank ;

Robert De Niro played Travis ______ in "Taxi Driver"

a. - Buckle

b. - Bockle

c. - Backle

d. - Bickle

5. Where was the birthplace of Penelope Cruz?

a. - USA

b. - Puerto Rico

c. - Mexico

d. - Spain

6. Which feature distinguishes a case laminate hardcover book?

a. - Attached printed paper cover

b. - In a protective box

c. - Cloth cover

d. - Printed design on the hardcover

7. what was the only year that the brooklyn dodgers won the world series?

a. - 1952

b. - 1955

c. - 1958

d. - 1961

8. who was lucille ball's first husband?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

The most frequently appearing color of plain M&Ms most of the time, is Brown .

1. - a

2. - c

3. Bangkok

4. - d

5. - d

6. - d

7. - b

8. DESI ARNEZ

TRUTH !!

The caveat "most of the time" must be added because according to the Mars Candy Company, the answer to that depends on the time of the year and whether you're talking about plain, almond, or peanut M&Ms. At Christmas time for instance, M&Ms will come in green and red, and at Valentine's Day time they come in red, pink and white, and at Easter time they come in pastel colors of blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow. Aside from that consideration though, most of the time, the most frequently appearing plain M&M is brown. 30% of them are brown, while red and yellow are both 20%, and green, orange, and blue are all 10%. I thought it would be fun to go straight to the horse's mouth and call up the Mars Company phone line at 1-888-696-6788. There wasn't a long wait at all to get connected and the woman who took my call was very sweet, no pun intended. She confirmed for me that brown is the most common color of regular M&M's. She added that she was a Peanut M&Ms fan eating "them all the time" and that yellow was the most common color for those candies.