Trivia 7/14

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Trivia 7/14

DID YOU KNOW ;

HUMMINGBIRDS HOLD THEIR NESTS TOGETHER WITH SPIDER WEBS.

1. An American minister became well known by preaching to millions of people through his televised Evangelical Crusades in stadiums around the world. Who is this minister, who has also been called "Pastor to the Presidents"?

a. - Jerry Falwell

b. - Billy Graham

c. - Jimmy Swaggart

d. - Robert Schuller

2. In Golf, what do you call a score of one over Par on any hole ?

3. Proteins are biological polymers that play all sorts of roles within our bodies. Haemoglobin is a protein, as are insulin and keratin. What is the general building block common to all proteins?

4. What's the more common name or Petrolatum? (It's good for 'Chapped' lips)

5. My friend never stopped "playing" with dirt and studied soil science in college. Her major was listed as?

6. Richard Burton served in the Royal Air Force. In which country was he born

a. - Northern Ireland

b. - Scotland

c. - Wales

d. - England

7. Can you name captain kangaroo's farmer friend?

8. which food item comes in a casaba variety?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

The most frequently appearing color of plain M&Ms most of the time, is Brown .

1. - b

2. a Bogey

3. Amino Acids

4. Vaseline

5. Agronomy

6. - c

7. Mister Green Jeans

8. Melon

TRUTH !!

The caveat "most of the time" must be added because according to the Mars Candy Company, the answer to that depends on the time of the year and whether you're talking about plain, almond, or peanut M&Ms. At Christmas time for instance, M&Ms will come in green and red, and at Valentine's Day time they come in red, pink and white, and at Easter time they come in pastel colors of blue, green, pink, purple, and yellow. Aside from that consideration though, most of the time, the most frequently appearing plain M&M is brown. 30% of them are brown, while red and yellow are both 20%, and green, orange, and blue are all 10%. I thought it would be fun to go straight to the horse's mouth and call up the Mars Company phone line at 1-888-696-6788. There wasn't a long wait at all to get connected and the woman who took my call was very sweet, no pun intended. She confirmed for me that brown is the most common color of regular M&M's. She added that she was a Peanut M&Ms fan eating "them all the time" and that yellow was the most common color for those candies.