Trivia 5/29

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Trivia 5/29

DID YOU KNOW ...

The Statue of Liberty was meant to be unveiled in 1876 to celebrate America's centennial, but construction costs and other governmental hinderances delayed it by almost 10 years..

1. In 1980, Richard Gere starred as Hollywood's highest paid lover in which movie?

2. What is meant here by the word "moxie"?

3. Van Gogh painted the absolutely striking sky in which famous 1889 painting?

4. What "ology" word refers to the study of birds?

5. According to legend, what are formed from a baby's first laughter?

6. Philip Pirrip is the main character in which Dickens novel?

a. - Pickwick Papers

b. - Great Expectations

c. - The Old Curiosity Shop

d. - Tale of Two Cities

7. Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn starred together in nine movies, in only one of which they were both nominated for Best Actor/Actress Oscars.

Which film was that? [Sidney Poitier knows.]

a. - Adam's Rib

b. - Desk Set

c. - Pat and Mike

d. - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

8. What's the more common name for "Lateral Epicondylitis" ?

a. - Achilles Heel

b. - Eye Strain

c. - Headache

d. - Tennis Elbow

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

Most toilets flush in E flat.

1. American Gigilo

2. Courage, Guts, Fortitude

3. The Starry Night

4. Ornithology

5. Fairies

6. - b

7. - d

8. - d

TRUTH !!

If you drop a deuce and have perfect pitch, listen to your toilet flush as the water swirls down the drain. You have to get the key of E-flat fresh in your mind, however, before listening for the tone. Jam out to some Stevie Ray Vaughan, Nirvana, or revert to a classical Beethoven sonata.

LastManStanding

I knew 2, 4, 6, and 7.

The word 'moxie' I learned from the 1973 movie 'The Sting'. In it the master scammer gathers a team, and one guy comes with a reddened nose from a fight. Then the master scammer says ' you've got the moxie, boy, you're in '

Ornithology I heard from the Big Bang Theory. In one episode a bird comes to Sheldon Cooper's apartment, and it's revealed that he has ornithophobia. Along that I learned that ornithology is the study of birds. I'm pretty sure I had heard it long before that, but didn't stay in my memory.

Pip is one of my most loved characters from any work of literature, hence I knew.

7, I guessed from the clue Sidney Poitier.