trivia 10/20

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
trivia 10/20
DID YOU KNOW...
Queen Elizabeth I of England was completely bald. She lost her hair after suffering smallpox at the age
twenty-nine. To disguise her loss she always wore a wig.

1. Fill in the Blank;

The area between the Atlantic and Pacific oceans at the tip of South America and north of the South Shetland Islands is called the _____ Passage.

2. Who did NOT appear in 1973' teen-cruising classic, American Graffiti?

a. - Wolfman Jack

b. - Penny Marshall

c. - Ron Howard

d. - Harrison Ford

3. That over-used (resort commercials) award-winning Bill Medley song, “I've Had the Time of my Life (and I owe it all to you)” is from the sound track of what 1980's "Chick Flick" ?

4. In what movie would I find Heather Graham in the role of Felicity Shagwell ?

5. What's missing;

The Bad New Bears -The Bad News Bears; Breaking Training -and.................

6. What team's player killed a bat with his hockey stick during the infamous "Fog Game" of the 1975 Stanley Cup Finals ?

(Bonus ; name the player ....)

7. Who killed the monster Grendel ?

8. What's made from beets, carrots, celery, lettuce, parsley, spinach, tomatoes, and watercress ?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??

The exclusive 5-star Greenbrier Resort was once a secret presidential bunker..

1. Drake
2. – b
3. DIRTY DANCING
4. Austin Powers: the Spy who Shagged me
5. the Bad News Bears go to Japan
6. Buffalo Sabres ..... (Jim Lorentz )
7. BEOWULF
8. V8-JUICE

TRUTH !!
Project Greek Island, otherwise known as "Hotel Armageddon" was set up as the emergency, supersecret hideaway for the President and Congress should the country be under attack.
In an extraordinary bit of government back scratching the Eisenhower Administration, via the Architect of the Capitol, negotiated to build the structure on the grounds of the Greenbrier Hotel; a five star resort located five hours out of Washington in White Sulphur Springs, W. VA.
In exchange for government financing of the Greenbrier's West Virginia Wing addition, the hotel permitted the simultaneous construction of the shelter beneath it. This provided the initial cover story for the digging of the congressional hideaway. Ground was broken in 1957 and the Greenbrier employee newsletter noted the occasion by "informing" staff that "testing" was being conducted for the new wing. It was kept secret until May of 1992.