That assault on my parents...

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Some of you are aware that my parents experienced a violent home invasion this past October which sent my Dad to the ER....
I just wanted to let you know that 2 of the 4 invaders have been arrested! At this point, both have confessed. My parents don't have to go to the arraingment this week. Hopefully, both will plead guilty so my parents won't have to testify.

Hopefully they'll catch the other two, as well. Thanks to everyone who's asked after them. It was always appreciated.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Scumbags

Glad they caught part of the scumbags. Hope they are feeling a bit more secure.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
They do Joe, and thanks for asking.

The cop who came to tell them the news did so at night....he rang the doorbell at 9:45, just 15 minutes earlier than the original assault a few months earlier. When the doorbell rang both of them almost had heart attacks. That's how they got in the first time..my dad answered the doorbell.
Since the attack they got a camera that shows the front door. They were able to see it was a police before they both required defibrulators...(I don't know how to spell that word)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Glad to hear it! I'm getting so sick of hearing about crime in the news. Especially violent crime when there's absolutely no reason for it.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Vera, I run a business that has the office as the front room to my apartment. I have a metal security door between the apartment and the office however that locks from the apartment side. We also have camera's over the whole 3 acres of property that I can view any time. I'm also pretty well armed if need be and do know how to use them but it hard on most people for sure the elderly when faced with this kind of thing. Glad to hear it is working itself out.

PanchoHambre

Scary stuff Vera... glad they caught the perps. There has been alot of that stuff in Philly Terrifying. This is why I have an 80lb pit-mastiff... hopefully nobody knows he's a wuss.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
We have no locks on our doors... nor my office. Just an English Bull terrier and a Shepherd. Oh, and a dog door so they can come and go as they like :)

The first picture below isn't the sharpest, but I always thought it was great:

Attachments

• Alf and Shwoop 2.JPG
    Alf and Shwoop 2.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC01305.JPG
    DSC01305.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 174
  • P1000750.jpg
    P1000750.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 172

American Woman

I don't know the whole story but I'm happy your parents ok now. I was in a violent home invasion over over 20 years ago, and it's not something you can ever get back to normal after. (not really :unsure:)
Unconundrum, that's a beautiful Shepard!

smoke king

Banned
Glad to hear it Vera. Hope the other two get whats coming to them as well. Hope they are doing well otherwise. Felt like we got to know them this past Christmas.:flowers:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Oh Vera, I missed that episode--it was before I arrived. I hope your folks don't have to testify, too!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm so glad to hear it, Vera. And even if the police can't get the other 2 to confess, I'm sure they know exactly who they are by now. I would imagine they will be keeping a very close watch on them. Tell us though, is it helping your parents feel any safer now that some are in custody? That was one of the worst parts about it - that they couldn't feel safe in their own home anymore!

buckytom

Grill Master
very very happy to hear it, vera. if not for the vengeance (i won't go there), the best part is that your mom and dad can now rest that the perps have and will be caught and go away for it. they won't be able to do it again, so that's a load off their minds. :thumb:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Here's an update....
Seems the cop was wrong about their ages....both are juveniles. When they forced their way in the door, the force of the door flying open knocked my dad onto the floor. They started wailing on him immediately, one with a broom handle, the other with his boots. He never got a look at them except to notice they were wearing sweatshirts with hoods and what he calls shop goggles. Two remained outside. My mother ran out the back door trying to get help so she never really saw them.
Point is, neither of them can identify the perps. Lou's a lawyer and his interpretation is this: If he were the defense attorney, he'd insist on a lineup, knowing there couldn't be an identification. If he was the prosecutor, he'd push my parents to identify the original group that had been hopping the back fence (which is what started this whole mess). My mother says she could identify those kids. That id, plus the confession could be enough to convict them. If they just plead guilty there won't be a trial....but why would they plead guilty if it becomes known that my parents cannot identify them?

From what I understand, there were no viable prints lifted, either. phuckers.

Calicolady

It's amazing (well maybe not amazing anymore because I've seen it too many times before) how an individual of low morals can team up, and the gang, with "mob mentality" can become a "cancer" on the majority.
It could be anyone, at anytime, in anyway. Yes, you can lower your odds with locks, guns, cameras and dogs. Then you remove yourself from that security and we each have almost insurmountable odds it won't happen.
Vera, I hope your parents keep safe.
May some karma comes to them in the + and the legal people trying to gain on these lowlifes.

Yes, I too enjoyed your stories of their visit. Your dad's routines and mom's, and your reaction to them.
thank you for sharing.

Ol-blue

That is awful. I am so sorry to hear what happened. My son was jumped by 5 guys a couple years ago and beaten up pretty bad.

Glad they caught part of them.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
SHIT!!!!!!!!! Thats horrible!!!!! I just read this and that is...... it REALLLLLLLY pisses me off!!! A very very similar thing happened to me 7 years ago and I was in the hospital, had to file BK because I couldnt afford the bills annnnnnd I still had $7000 worth of dental work afterwards! :sorry:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I missed this the first time around, and missed it here as well. I am very sorry to hear about this Vera, and am glad they got at least 2 of em.
Since they confessed, hopefully they will just take a plea bargain and plead guilty.

leolady

Something similar almost happened to me over 30 years ago. This guy knocked at my door [he was barely an acquaintance and the son of the then mayor of my town] late one night asking to be let in.

Something told me not to, and I listened to that inner voice. I would not let him in, and the more he shouted through the door, the more I knew not to open it.

About 15 minutes later I heard his voice hollering at some guy, telling him to run down the alley by my house. Then I heard several shots!

I called mom and dad waking them at 2am. I told them everything and that I was scared.

I read in the paper the next day or so that he had been arrested. And he was later convicted of armed robbery thank the Lord. I was a poor college student, so I can only assume he wanted to rape and assault me. He might have even killed me!