Tequila Carrots

Guts

Vera
Here is one way that I like Carrots, I think you might like too. It's got a little booze in it. :gulp:

The London Broil looks good too.

Tequila Carrots
3 med carrots
Boiling salted water
3 T. butter
1/4 t. dried dill weed
salt and pepper
1/4 C. Tequila
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peel carrots and cut in thin diagonal slices.
Cook in boiling salted water 10 minutes; drain.
Melt butter in large skillet or presentation pan.
Add carrot slices.
Sauté' 2 - 3 minutes, sprinkling with dill, salt and pepper.
Add tequila; ignite.
When flames die down, stir and serve.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
How could I not like something with tequila in it?? I had a recipe similar to that, Guts...from long ago. It called for an entire can of beer to saute the carrots in. The beer eventually evaporates leaving a nice coating on the carrots, which were then tossed with fresh tarragon.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've had this recipe in my files for over 10 years and I finally made it last night! OMG! It is incredibly delicious and easy!

The recipe was buried in a Franken-Pantry thread, started by Keltin, back in the day. I copied the two posts above in a new thread.

I used more carrots than Guts did (where did he go?) and steamed them instead of boiling, 1/2 stick of butter, but kept the 1/4 of tequila the same (I was chicken to increase it, since I've never ignited a dish before).

Absolutely wonderful! I hope you all try it, but don't wait 10 years!!

Lee

P.S. I had cilantro for garnish. Had dill, too, but cilantro made more sense with tequila. :drink2:

Turkey breast plated.JPG