sunday dinner 7/17/11

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have yet to think. i'm gonna get futher snooze. i drank some pop for brekkie. 'nite. (morning)

yinz dinners-----

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
I stopped for a cheese danish and coffee in the basement after church this morn, so that'll hold me over for a while.
As for dinner, no idea.

Mr. Green Jeans

Teachers are invading! Some of DW's compadres.
Appetizer: Fire & Ice Salsa & Chips
Entree: Spicy Black Bean Burgers (for the veg-heads) or Juicy Bleucys <for those of us that want to clog our arteries> Fiesta Corn and Szechuan Pickled Cabbage
S'mores by the fire pit at dark.

Embryodad

Mommy bought me a bagel..and a slice of lox and a vial of creamcheese and chives (burp*) .....

I took out cubed steak from the freeze to make chicken fried steak.
Maybe some corn...and mashed taters for Mommytinababy.

Today is change the undercounter light fixture over the kitchen sink.
Had a blinky piece of crap fluorescent one there, but DD cannot tolerate the frequency of fluorescent bulbs since her siezures a few years back.
She just hates the shaking lights...and it sets her shaking herself.
I stocked up on regular light bulbs just in case the government weirdo's stop the sale of incondescent filament type bulbs. Ha Ha Ha ...What a Joke!

It's 81º out and breezy..so not too bad of a day!..
I'm gonna fry the steaks outside in the electric skillet.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i suppose crockpotted shredded roast beef, veggies, sliced tomato. i'm ultra-sleepy 'cept there's an arts festival & i'm gonna attend, take pix, & listen to the bands & 'at, they may have food there

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm in the middle of a Breaking Bad marathon...trying to catch up before the premier toight (never gonna happen, either, but I can try, yes?)

Looks like burgers, salad and mashed potatoes.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DS and his GF were here for dinner (and to do their laundry for free), so I made pulled chicken wraps with Spanish rice, salad and bi-color corn on the cob.

P1030758.jpg

I put the rice in with the pulled chicken, coated the tortilla with sour cream and topped it with SBR sauce.

P1030759.jpg

P1030760.jpg

I didn't like the 22 oz. rotisserie chickens at the store this morning, so I baked a whole 5# chicken in my oven for the same price, then made 2-1/2 C of gravy with the drippings. Put that in the freezer for another day. The Spanish rice was an experiment. I put 1-1/2C rice, 3-1/2C chicken stock and one 15.5 oz. jar of mild salsa all in a pan, brought it to a boil then let simmer for 30 minutes. Everyone loved it. We have enough left over for me and DW for dinner tomorrow.

Sass Muffin

#coffeefreak
Gold Site Supporter
Oven Q'd ribs `a la Lee's P.Steak ..

Chopped a sweet onion and minced a clove of garlic, dumped some SBR on and let it go for 90 minutes at 325.
They came out tender and fell off the bone.
Chunky vegetable salad on the side.

2011-07-17 16-33-59.090.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice dinners Sass and JoeV! I had a very filling late lunch, so I'll just have a salad tonight.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Looks great JoeV and Sass.

We picked up a rotisserie chicken from Sam's and I made baked potatoes and salad with it. We were too hungry to get any pics.

Embryodad

DS and his GF were here for dinner (and to do their laundry for free), so I made pulled chicken wraps with Spanish rice, salad and bi-color corn on the cob.

P1030758.jpg

I put the rice in with the pulled chicken, coated the tortilla with sour cream and topped it with SBR sauce.

P1030759.jpg

P1030760.jpg

I didn't like the 22 oz. rotisserie chickens at the store this morning, so I baked a whole 5# chicken in my oven for the same price, then made 2-1/2 C of gravy with the drippings. Put that in the freezer for another day. The Spanish rice was an experiment. I put 1-1/2C rice, 3-1/2C chicken stock and one 15.5 oz. jar of mild salsa all in a pan, brought it to a boil then let simmer for 30 minutes. Everyone loved it. We have enough left over for me and DW for dinner tomorrow.

The wraps look great rolled up like that... So ready to snap a bite! LOL

Chopped a sweet onion and minced a clove of garlic, dumped some SBR on and let it go for 90 minutes at 325.

View attachment 12743

Love chunky. I hate when restaurants slide the veggies on a mandolin.
When I bite...I wanna Bite. LOL

Looks tasty Sass...

Embryodad

I made Chicken Fried Steak ( Italian Style ).

A cool tomato salad.. and some Texas Toast with the garlic and oil kind.

Had mine with hot cherry peppers.

df13d808.jpg

35f5a31c.jpg

fc4655b2.jpg

Nothing fancy! Just laid out to pick and poke. The steak was room temperature.

I will refrigerate the steaks not covered for at least 2 hours, and once the excess moisture is evaporated from the refrigeration effect....I will just transfer the pieces to a brown paper bag to later snack on.

Ummmm....Wake up in the middle of the night, and a trip to the fridge...and grab a piece of steak...with the salt shaker...Ummmmm. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ,,,Greasy breadcrumb lips on the pillow...OMG...Whew..Garlic flavored pillow.
And then I awake in a dream; eating my pillow! :readytoeat::yuk:

Nancy-MD

P1030758.jpg

P1030759.jpg

P1030760.jpg

Looks good, Joe. I put a little salsa in my red beans and rice. Gives it a nice flavor.

View attachment 12743
Yummy, Sass!
I made Chicken Fried Steak ( Italian Style ).

A cool tomato salad.. and some Texas Toast with the garlic and oil kind.

Had mine with hot cherry peppers.

df13d808.jpg

35f5a31c.jpg

fc4655b2.jpg

Nothing fancy! Just laid out to pick and poke. The steak was room temperature.

I will refrigerate the steaks not covered for at least 2 hours, and once the excess moisture is evaporated from the refrigeration effect....I will just transfer the pieces to a brown paper bag to later snack on.

Ummmm....Wake up in the middle of the night, and a trip to the fridge...and grab a piece of steak...with the salt shaker...Ummmmm. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ,,,Greasy breadcrumb lips on the pillow...OMG...Whew..Garlic flavored pillow.
And then I awake in a dream; eating my pillow! :readytoeat::yuk:
Looks nice and crispy, Jimmy.

Nancy-MD

I made grilled cheeseburgers, macaroni salad and a wedge salad topped with eggsalad and sliced tomatoes from our garden.

Attachments

• cheeseburgers mac salad & summer salad 001.jpg
    cheeseburgers mac salad & summer salad 001.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 54

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have yet 2 peel myself from this comp screen 2 get ready 2 leave. me-oh-my-oh-me, okay, i'm leaving in like 5 minutes 2 get glammed & 'at

maybe

Embryodad

I made grilled cheeseburgers, macaroni salad and a wedge salad topped with eggsalad and sliced tomatoes from our garden.
The burger looks so inviting. Tomorrow I may make a couple for myself.
DW will be away a couple of day's..so I can cook what I wish for, and don't have to worry that she won't be able to digest it. I do cook to accomodate her likes and what she can be comfortable with.