Street Tacos

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
For the first time ever I had street tacos at a local Mexican restaurant. Usually I get in a rut and stick with what I know and like. tonight I ventured out of my rut and WOW. These things were great. Thin sliced pork with little bit of pineapple and some other herbs in it on a small taco shell. They supplied small bowls of hot sauce, onion and some green stuff (no clue what it was). Also had sour cream on the side.
These were great. I will be getting them again.
Do most Mexican restaurants offer 'Street Tacos'? Have most of you already tried them?

Ironman

🍺
For the first time ever I had street tacos at a local Mexican restaurant. Usually I get in a rut and stick with what I know and like. tonight I ventured out of my rut and WOW. These things were great. Thin sliced pork with little bit of pineapple and some other herbs in it on a small taco shell. They supplied small bowls of hot sauce, onion and some green stuff (no clue what it was). Also had sour cream on the side.
These were great. I will be getting them again.
Do most Mexican restaurants offer 'Street Tacos'? Have most of you already tried them?
I guess it depends on your definition of “street tacos”. Carne asada? Pork? Pollo? I never heard of a street taco with pineapple. The herbs were cilantro most likely. Kinda tastes like soap if you get to much.
When I think of street tacos I think of the tacos I bought on the street at a flee market I sometimes visit in southern Mexico. Im not sure what the American version of street tacos really is. Don’t get me wrong, any taco is a good taco lol. :thumb:

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Ohhhhh..... !!!!!! Pineapple and carnitas is called tacos al pastor. I LOVE them! Caritas is roast pork with crispy edges, and al pastor is the pineapple thing. Hard to find stateside, but when you can find them, they are great!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ohhhhh..... !!!!!! Pineapple and carnitas is called tacos al pastor. I LOVE them! Caritas is roast pork with crispy edges, and al pastor is the pineapple thing. Hard to find stateside, but when you can find them, they are great!
That sounds like what I found, and I'd agree they are great. They served 4 small tacos on the order and I only found pineapple in one of them. So very light on pineapple but what a pleasant surprise when I bit into it.
They advertise these are like what you'd find in Mexico. I know, I have to take that with a grain of salt but wow were they good. Wish I had taken a pic of them. Next time I will snap a pic before digging in.