2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tbsp. Ketchup
1 c. bread crumbs, fresh or dried
Olive Oil
Pastry brush
1/3 c. parmesan cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine the turkey with the spinach, scallions, egg, garlic, oregano and basil, ketchup. Mix well with your hands! Gently mix in breadcrumbs. Form into 1 inch balls and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or foil. Brush with oil and sprinkle each meatball with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked all the way through.

Trish thinks you will love this…

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don'tknow where trishrock got her recipe, but I make these Florentine Turkey Meatballs from Rachel Ray often.

The recipes are very similar. Rachel's cheese sauce makes the dish. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/florentine-meatballs-recipe-1944510

I found this time that browning the meatballs in a frying pan, after baking them in the oven, improved the texture.

One night, I had them on the plate with vegs. as sides, and one night I had them, reheated, on tossed salad.

Lee

Florentine Turkey Meatballs - Rachel Ray

Ingredients
1 box frozen spinach, defrosted in the microwave
1 1/3 pound (1 package) ground turkey breast
1 medium onion, finely chopped, divided
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups milk, divided
3/4 cup bread crumbs, 3 handfuls
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 2 palm fulls
Coarse salt and black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 (10-ounce) sack shredded provolone or blend of Italian cheeses, available on dairy aisle
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wring defrosted spinach dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place turkey in a bowl and make a well in the middle of it. Add the spinach, all but 3 tablespoons of the onion, all of the garlic, 1 large egg, about 1/4 cup milk, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into 12 large balls and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange on a nonstick cookie sheet and roast 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
3. While balls are in the oven, heat a small sauce pot over medium heat. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. Melt butter, add remaining finely chopped onion and cook 2 minutes then whisk in flour. Cook flour 1 minute, then whisk in 1 1/2 cups milk and 1 cup stock. Bring liquid up to a boil then stir in shredded provolone or blended Italian cheeses. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and nutmeg, turn heat to lowest setting.
4. Place 3 balls on dinner plates and top with sauce, garnish with parsley.

Attachments

• Turkey meatballs.JPG
    Turkey meatballs.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 883
  • Turkey meatballs plated.JPG
    Turkey meatballs plated.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 901
  • turkey meatballs on salad.JPG
    turkey meatballs on salad.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 876