Sourdough

ted bailey

About two months ago I started my first starter. I have been playing with it in a bread maker but without any good results. I have done a couple searches on google for a good recipe but I haven't been satisfied yet. Does anyone have any good sourdough recipes they love?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
One thing I do, and I am no where near as talented as Joe, is to start in the bread machine with kneed and first rise, then remove. I punch it down, put it in the bread pan, and finish in the oven.

Elephant

"havent been satisfied" well obviously,... Making a good sourdough just doesnt happen over night. A good sourdough is a process based on experience and knowledge of what YOU did.
A good sourdough usually IF nothing happens to is readdy to use after one week!

And heres where the magic starts.
In Germany we say "den Teig pflegen" which translates to keep and eye on it and take care of it. And by "it" i mean your dough which will turn out to be your next child for three good reasons: It needs attention and consumes money and time.

If you are into it, youll sacrifice your soul to your sourdough.
But trust me on this one:
You will lose money and waste so much dough and throw away bread which you are not satisfied with it.
But there will come a time, not now, not tomorrow, not next week, not next year, maybe next month, who knows, i dont.
There will come a time where you are satisfied and start going for the sheer limit till no more improving needed. And bread made out of that sourdough, oh boy oh boy, that bread is good.