Somali Candies

Saliha

Sisin - Sesame brittle

sisin_1_8b764.JPG

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2 cups sesame seeds

Directions:
Grease a baking pan with oil, set aside.
Put the sugar in a pan and cook over a medium heat, stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes thick in about 5 minutes.
Add the sesame seeds and keep stirring when the mixture start to caramelize in to a golden color, remove from heat, continue to stir until the mixture comes together.
Spread the sesame mixture in to the pan roll flat.
When cool, cut into desired shape.

--------------------------------------------

Aano Baraawe: Somali Caramel Fudge

caanobraawe.jpg

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1 cup dry milk powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cardamom powder

Directions:
Grease baking pan and set aside.
Boil the milk in a medium heat.
Add sugar and lower the heat while stirring.
Simmer until it thickens, then add the milk powder and stir until it comes together and the color changes to caramel color.
Add cardamom and mix well.
Put the mixture in a greased baking pan, cut in any desired shape when cooled.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Saliha -

are you aware that you really are not legally allowed to copy everything and anything posted on the web and post it here?

there's such a thing as copyright.

Saliha

Sorry if I have broken some rules here. If it is serious, hopely admin will delete my posts. :mellow:

^ Basic information to those Somali candies I have got from my local Somalian friends but pictures aren´t mine yes. Unfortunarely I haven´t any clue where I at one time found them. My English isn´t very good every times write and translate all recipes by myself. But thanks to remind me about this matter.

:tiphat:

chilefarmer

Saliha -

are you aware that you really are not legally allowed to copy everything and anything posted on the web and post it here?

there's such a thing as copyright.

If you have something that you don't want copied or seen on the internet. Don't post it. CF

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Doc may feel differently about wholesale copyright violations - after all, he's the dude that gets the letter from the lawyers.