Seen any good movies?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Here's something on tubi that you might like, Sass:
Knots: A Forced Marriage Story is a feature-length documentary film that examines the truth about forced marriage in the U.S. through the complicated experiences of those who have survived it. Forced marriage is a human rights abuse that has lifelong traumatic consequences.

I'm not very far into it, but I'm liking it so far. The theme seems to be women being subservient to men, which I don't like, but whatever, the movie is interesting.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Here's something on tubi that you might like, Sass:
Knots: A Forced Marriage Story is a feature-length documentary film that examines the truth about forced marriage in the U.S. through the complicated experiences of those who have survived it. Forced marriage is a human rights abuse that has lifelong traumatic consequences.

I'm not very far into it, but I'm liking it so far. The theme seems to be women being subservient to men, which I don't like, but whatever, the movie is interesting.
Added to the list!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Get ready for an eye opener. Some of it's pretty disgusting. They don't show the identities of the parents, but I'm thinking...WTH is wrong with you people.
Yes.
While I understand arranged marriages are a part of some cultures, I'll never understand it. Ugh.
Interesting documentary, but also unsettling.
I'm just happy they all got out of the situation and moved on- stronger women.

Johnny West

It’s not a movie but a Brit TV series... Just watched the last episode of Unforgotten. The ending was not what I expected. I fancy Nicola Walker.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I last watched La Bamba with Lou Diamond Phillips. I'd seen it years ago and enjoyed it just as much the second time.
Tonight I'm starting Brideshead Revisited.
I'd seen it long ago on PBS.
Love at first sight with that Jeremy Irons.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I watched this last night.
I clearly recall seeing it on the old ABC movie of the week back in the day.
20210912_070412.jpg

LastManStanding

The book is really good too. A lot of the info in the book had to be cut for the movie.
Films usually don't stand up to expectations after reading the book. Luckily I hadn't read it. Else I possibly wouldn't have liked the film.
It happened with The Day of the Jackal. I watched the film after reading the book, and didn't like it at all.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I watched a documentary last night on Princess Alice of Battenberg.
Prince Philip's Mother.
Poor woman was out of her mind, later in life became a nun, smoked Woodbine's and played canasta while living in the palace.
It was sad but entertaining at the same time.

Johnny West

I never saw a Jersey Boys before. We watched it this afternoon and took me back to high school…. My gf was a Sherry and dumped me for a boy she bowled with. Those were the days…