Saw they opened a Trader Joe here last weekend

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I went to see my doctor this morning since I've had flu like symptoms for well over a month. At any rate not too serious as it is walking phenomia and is treatable with antibiotics.

Well back on story I see they had a grand opening this weekend for 2 new Trader Joe's locally. One is beer/wine the other is grocery store. Never been in one before though I've bought on line from them for some items such as herbs/spices in the past.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I went to see my doctor this morning since I've had flu like symptoms for well over a month. At any rate not too serious as it is walking phenomia and is treatable with antibiotics.

Well back on story I see they had a grand opening this weekend for 2 new Trader Joe's locally. One is beer/wine the other is grocery store. Never been in one before though I've bought on line from them for some items such as herbs/spices in the past.

I didn't know you could buy online from TJ

Leni

Their roasted pecan and blue cheese dip is wonderful. I use it to stuff mushrooms. I also will put a dab onto a steak roght off the grill. It makes a wonderful sauce. I buy a lot of different items from them and have never had a problem.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Joe, TJ's has excellent prices on nuts and cheeses!

Check it out!

Lee

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The first TJ's in Florida opened a year ago about a mile from my house. I'm there twice a week, or more if I'm drinking a lot of beer..... ;)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The first TJ's in Florida opened a year ago about a mile from my house. I'm there twice a week, or more if I'm drinking a lot of beer..... ;)

Yes they have both a liqueur store and a Grocery store next to each other. At any rate not being a big beer drinker unless it is Amber Boch. I will check out the store for sure though this week end.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Yes they have both a liqueur store and a Grocery store next to each other. At any rate not being a big beer drinker unless it is Amber Boch. I will check out the store for sure though this week end.

That's KY for you. I think they split the stores in MN too. In Florida it's all mixed up with the food. Even at Walgreens so when the old farts are picking up their pills they can get a bottle as well. lol

If you're an Amber Bock lover.... long story coming....... Last year just for the heck of it I brought home a sixer of TJ's 'Name Tag' beer - price was right. I popped one when I got home, took one sip, and said, "Fran, I've found Huber Bock." 15 - 20 years ago I used to buy cases of long necks from the local distributor in Wisconsin. It was my favorite US dark beer. Oddly, or maybe not so, every case tasted a little different and I shall forever believe that the brewmeister drank as much as they shipped. Then they sold the brewery and Huber was gone....

Anyway, the taste of the Name Tag was way too close a match so I read the can and sure enough, Name Tag Brewing Co., Monroe WI. This is the old Huber brewery and the brewmeister just has to be the same guy. If I get anywhere near the place this summer I'll stop in and find out for sure.

Burp! :wub:

Leni

Hey Buzz have you tried their cheeses and other specialty items? I love their roasted pecan blue cheese dip. Use it in a lot of different ways. Does yours have a booth giving away samples? Ours do and it introduces other products. The hor'durves are great. As are the petite palmeres cookies. I go there at least once a week. By the way their pancake mix is also great.