Sauteed Summer Squashes

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I found this in my computer files and made it last night. Delicious! But I can't find where SS posted it, so here it is again.

Lee

Squash – Zucchini and Summer, Sauteed (SilverSage)

Slice some onions very thinly - so thin you can almost read the newspaper through them. Saute in a bit of olive oil over high heat until they start to get brown and a little crispy on the edges. Toss in a clove of minced garlic and heat briefly just until you can start to smell it.

Add sliced zucchini (kinda thin), plenty of salt & pepper, a dash of cayenne, and whatever Italian herbs you have around. Toss this over high heat so that the zuke slices cook quickly and get just a hint of golden on the edges, but don't get soggy.

Remove from the heat and toss in a handful of grated parmesan.

This is attractive if you use a mixture of zucchini and yellow squash.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I found this in my computer files and made it last night. Delicious! But I can't find where SS posted it, so here it is again.

Lee

Squash – Zucchini and Summer, Sauteed (SilverSage)

Slice some onions very thinly - so thin you can almost read the newspaper through them. Saute in a bit of olive oil over high heat until they start to get brown and a little crispy on the edges. Toss in a clove of minced garlic and heat briefly just until you can start to smell it.

Add sliced zucchini (kinda thin), plenty of salt & pepper, a dash of cayenne, and whatever Italian herbs you have around. Toss this over high heat so that the zuke slices cook quickly and get just a hint of golden on the edges, but don't get soggy.

Remove from the heat and toss in a handful of grated parmesan.

This is attractive if you use a mixture of zucchini and yellow squash.
Simple and delicious! ❤️