Samoa Bundt Cake

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
THIS IS GOING ON MY SHORT LIST :w00t:

I found the recipe on Betsylife.com but apparently the original recipe is from Breakfast to Bed

Samoa Bundt Cake recipe from Breakfast to Bed
****READ THE ENTIRE RECIPE BEFORE YOU BEGIN****
Batter #1

• 1 stick of butter, softened
  • 1 cup of dark brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup ap flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
Batter #2

• 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup + 2 T ap flour
  • 1/2 cup + 2 T cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 cup milk
for the frosting

• 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 2 T vanilla extract
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup toasted coconut
  • topping 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
Before you do anything, either stick the whole, unopened can of condensed milk in your crock pot and submerge it by at least 3 inches and cook it on medium for 10 hours or on high for 7. Alternatively, you can boil it on the stove FULLY SUBMERGED AT ALL TIMES for 4 hours. Let it cool.
Preheat the oven to 350F
Prepare each batter separately. This is a marble cake. For each cake type, beat butter (or oil) and sugar(s) on medium high until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time mixing well. Add in milk and vanilla (if applicable) and mix until well combined. In separate bowls sift together dry ingredients for each batter. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients slowly and mix until well combined.
(add boiling water for cocoa cake HERE)
Grease and flour the bundt pan WELL
layer the cake pouring some of the brown sugar batter, then cocoa batter, then brown sugar, until both batter bowls are empty. Tap bundt pan on the counter a couple times to remove bubbles. Bake approximately 1 hour or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine only took about 50 minutes)
LET COOL ENTIRELY
For the frosting
toast sweetened flaked coconut either on a cookie sheet in the oven on 350F tossing occasionally or in a dry skillet constantly stirring until desired color is reached. Beat cooled cooked condensed milk, butter, confectioners sugar, vanilla and salt for 3 minutes. Add in 1 cup toasted coconut. Chill for 1 hour
frost cake with frosting and top with remaining toasted coconut.
melt chocolate chips in the microwave, place in a pastry bag with a small tip or ziploc bag with a corner cut out about 1/4″ up from the corner, and drizzle stripes on the cake.
My god do I love a bundt. I’m pretty sure this cake is my greatest achievement of the year so far despite my (usual) sub-par cake decorating skills. If you tasted this cake, you’d forgive me!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Holy smokes, Mama! How magnificent!

You know, I would just like to try the slow-cooked can of evaporate milk just to see what THAT tasted like!

Lee