Repurposing Pickle Juice

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Last night I got the idea of using the juice/brine from a leftover jar of Mt.Olive bread and butter pickles.
I go through a lot of pickles, so thought why not?
Cut the cukes, heated the juice.
They taste fab lol

IMG_20230526_133845825_HDR.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm not a fan of bread and butter pickles, but I love dill pickles. I don't eat enough of them to keep my father in pickled eggs, so I order a gallon of dill pickle juice from Amazon when I need it. I sort of layer the eggs in a jar with dill fronds, sliced garlic and pepper corns, heat the juice, and pour over all in the jar. He has one for breakfast about every other day.

It's also excellent in a Bloody Mary.

Lee

Last edited:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Craig's favorite place to get homemade corned beef hash uses a little dill pickle juice and about 1/4 of a pickle per serving (large) very finely chopped. How do I know this? I literally picked it apart. I have gotten pretty darn close to their CBH, but not quite, although that could be because I don't have their well seasoned flat top.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Craig's favorite place to get homemade corned beef hash uses a little dill pickle juice and about 1/4 of a pickle per serving (large) very finely chopped. How do I know this? I literally picked it apart. I have gotten pretty darn close to their CBH, but not quite, although that could beI

I would love that in my hash!

Lee