Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My friend Jules made this last night and dropped me off some this morning.
Oh my, the smell is heaven!
The recipe shows it served with whipped cream, but she said she had hers with warm milk this morning.
Can't wait to have it for breakfast tomorrow.
(Added note - she added extra cinnamon)

https://barefeetinthekitchen.com/pumpkin-baked-oatmeal-recipe/

20201006_101446.jpg

Attachments

• 20201006_101446.jpg
    20201006_101446.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 840

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks and sounds wonderful!

I'll post the recipe below. I'm with your friend, Sass - I would rather have some sort of milk over this.

Lee

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Servings: 6 servings

Ingredients

• ▢3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• ▢1/2 cup brown sugar
• ▢2 teaspoons baking powder
• ▢1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ▢1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
• ▢1/4 teaspoon cloves
• ▢1/2 teaspoon ginger
• ▢1/2 cup raisins
• ▢3 eggs
• ▢1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• ▢1/4 cup olive oil
• ▢1 1/2 cup milk
• ▢1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• ▢Optional: whipped cream for topping

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together all ingredients and then pour into a well-greased 8" square or 8x10 baking dish. Bake for 30-40 minutes (or 40-45 minutes if cold from the fridge in a cold oven - if cooking this cold from the fridge, give the oatmeal a quick stir first), or until knife inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Enjoy!
2. FREEZER MEAL: Let the oatmeal cool completely and then cut or scoop into portions. Store the oatmeal in airtight freezer bags or containers. Reheat in the microwave with a tablespoon of water.

Notes
This is a great overnight breakfast recipe. Everything can be stirred together the night before, poured into the pan, and then kept in the fridge overnight. When you wake up, just move the cold pan right into the oven.

Nutrition
Calories: 418kcal · Carbohydrates: 61g · Protein: 11g · Fat: 16g · Saturated Fat: 4g · Cholesterol: 88mg · Sodium: 459mg · Potassium: 558mg · Fiber: 6g · Sugar: 22g · Vitamin A: 3395IU · Vitamin C: 2mg · Calcium: 187mg · Iron: 3mg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Lee.
Yes, in the morning I'll warm it in the oven, then pour warmed milk over.
:smile: