Pumpkin And Sausage Stew

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I really like this recipe and will be making it.

Ingredients​

• 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
  • 1(15-oz.) can pumpkin
  • 1(14.75-oz.) can cream style sweet corn
  • 1(14-oz.) can ready-to-serve chicken broth
  • 1/2lb. smoked cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut in half lengthwise, sliced
  • 1cup frozen cut green beans
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper

Steps​

• Melt margarine in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
  • Add pumpkin, corn and broth; mix well. Stir in sausage, beans and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until beans are tender and flavors are blended, stirring occasionally.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Tis good!

IMG_20230302_153508837.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, Sass gave me the idea to make a Pumpkin and Sausage Stew, but I wanted to make one using my bulk Italian sausage (yellow sticker special).

Found this one https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-sausage-soup/ but made quite a few changes.

I omitted all of their seasonings, just using Bell's Poultry Seasoning and black pepper. I simmered the soup uncovered to reduce and thicken it. I omitted the cream and cornstarch thickener.

It was FANTASTIC!

Here is the recipe that I made:

Pumpkin Sausage Soup

Ingredients

• 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
  • 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 carton (32 ounces) unsalted chicken stock
  • 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
  • 1 teas. sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Bell’s
  • Black pepper
  • 2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese ( I used a little less)

In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add stock, pumpkin, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, to reduce, about 30 – 45 minutes.

• Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
Lee

sausage.jpeg

sausage soup.jpeg