Prayers for my sister

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
My brother in law lost his battle with Mesothelioma this past Saturday. He just celebrated his 67th birthday last Wednesday. My sister is lost, but, holding together so far. I fear it will be a different story after the funeral tomorrow. Just a small prayer to get her through this would be greatly appreciated.
100_0060.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sending strength and positive energies to you and your sister, Stacey!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
thank you sass! I hope you are doing good these days!!
I am dear. Thanks.
Being one that has been in your sister's shoes, I can say that she will be lost for a while. But it's true that time heals all wounds.
Love her to pieces and be there for her with a mighty love and be prepared for anything.
She's lost part of herself, and that changes a person in many ways.
Love you Stacey.:heart:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good thoughts and prayers for you, your sister and your brother. Sorry for you loss Stacey. My Condolences. :(

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Loralei, I can't even imagine what you and her have and are going through, I don't want to. They married right before I did, so, they had 26 years. I thank God for bringing him into my life. He would piss me off so badly at times, but, he was a really great guy. He would do anything he could to help, as long as you were helping yourself. He didn't pity anyone that wouldn't. He didn't give compliments freely at all. He was quick to tell you that you screwed up, but, just as quick to show you how to fix it with a gentle hand, so, when you received a compliment from him, you never forgot it. In all the time I knew him, I received one and I will always have that. Don't get me wrong, he was in no way a hard person, he was funny and loved people, he just didn't put up with non sense from anyone. He was smart and knew a lot about about just anything. Navy man in the Cuban missile crisis years. Loved his Harley!! Him and my sister went on every ride their chapter had. He dearly missed it when he was unable to ride anymore. He was the Capt of his group. thank you for your prayers, I will pass them on to her!

buckytom

Grill Master
my heartfelt sympathies and prayers, tg.

"oh the tree of life is growing where the spirit never dies, and the bright light of salvation shines in dark and empty skies."

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank you BT!! My BIL loved his pecans, so, my sister is actually planting a pecan tree on their property and will bury his ashes beneath it and the military is providing her with a military marker and that will be placed there too. It will definitely be tended to with love always.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about your brother in law.

My condolences to you and your sister.

Jim

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh no, Stacy! I am so sorry. I've wondered so many times how your Brother-In-Law was doing. He certainly fought the good fight. The only comfort I can see in this is that he is no longer suffering. But your poor sister is left to carry on without him. I can't even imagine how much this must hurt.

My deepest sympathies to all of you. I know you are a very tight family and you are all grieving. I will keep your sister, and the rest of the family, in my thoughts and prayers.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Thank all of you!! He did fight Terry. They gave him 18 months and he fought a little over 2 years. He was always the fighter!! He was loved, that was evident. The funeral home couldn't hold everyone. There were approx 100 Harleys there. It was an awesome sight to see them driving up the road in front and back of the trailer carrying his yellow bike and gave chills to everyone there. What a great bunch of people!!

This is the second love of his life!!
29905_117419208296935_1000008657054.jpg

smoke king

Banned
Sorry I'm so late on this Stacy - I've been kind of hit and miss lately, and I simply missed this thread. My condolances to your entire family, and I will keep your sister, and the entire family, in my prayers as she faces this difficult time.

I am so sorry for your loss.