Pork Tenderloin Tacos

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pork tenderloins generally come two in a package, and since I used one of them for the Mu Shu Pork last weekend, I thought I'd use the other tenderloin for the Mexican version of the sandwich.

They were really good!

I was skeptical about the marinade, but it is delicious! Excellent cumin flavor!

I was also unsure about the pickled onions, but they are terrific, too! In fact, they are so quick and easy to make that I'll be using them to add to salads and other dishes from now on.

I used sour cream instead of crema, and made pico de gallo instead of just slicing jalapenos.

Found that toasting the corn tortillas made them too dry and .... crunchy, I guess. Nuking them in a damp paper towel for 30 seconds was better.

Lee

Roasted Pork Tenderloin Tacos

Thick and slightly tangy Mexican crema adds a cooling finish to these tacos. If you can't find it at the grocery, substitute sour cream thinned with a little lime juice.

• Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos)

Ingredients

• 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 2 tablespoons mojo marinade (such as Goya)
  • 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons water

• 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
  • 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
  • 1 jalapeño pepper, cut into 16 slices
  • 1 ripe avocado, cut into 16 wedges
  • 1/4 cup Mexican crema

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 425°.

2. Sprinkle pork with pepper and salt. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Place pan in oven. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until a thermometer registers 145° (slightly pink); let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into 16 slices. Combine pork and mojo marinade in a medium bowl; toss to coat pork.

3. Combine vinegar, 3 tablespoons water, and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add onion. Let stand 10 minutes; drain.

4. Working with 1 tortilla at a time, toast in a pan or over a flame of a gas burner until tender and blackened in spots. Arrange 2 pork slices in center of each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons onion, 2 jalapeño slices, 2 avocado wedges, and 1 1/2 teaspoons crema.
Roasted pork tenderloin.JPG
Pork tenderloin sliced.JPG
Mojo crillo.JPG
Pickled onions.JPG
Toasted corn tortilla.JPG
Tortilla 1.JPG
Tortilla 2.JPG

Last edited: