Pork Loin

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Okay, on another forum :wink: there was a thread about cooking a pork loin with a raspberry jalapeno jelly poured on top of a seasoned roast and cooked 500 degrees F for 15 minutes and then 260 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until an internal temp of 142 degrees. I've searched all of the local grocery stores, I even went to Whole Foods, and could not find it. I finally decide to just buy a jar of Jalapeno Jelly and a jar of Raspberry Fruit Spread. Do you think that combining the two will work?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would think so Mama and would probably guess that is where they got it from by mixing the two together. I assume Raspberry Fruit Spread is a jelly also if not them perhaps plan old Raspberry Jelly like Smucker's makes mixed with the jalapeño jelly.

Jeff G.

It was my post..
the Raspberry jalapeno is tough to find at times..
the flavor of the sauce is a spicy raspberry flavor..with a hint of jalapeno flavor. It also is more of a preserve than a spread.. but the fruit spread might be nice.. a bit smoother I would think.

Mix them together.. if it tastes good give it a shot it's not going to be bad..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
It's Jeff G's recipe so I'll let him post it if he wants. If he doesn't, I'll take some pics when I make it and post it then.

Jeff G.

Pretty basic.
Pork loin, season with your favorite spices. I use a steak rub, salt, pepper. then pour a jar of Raspberry Jalapeno preserves over the top.

Pre-heat an oven to 500F.
Place the loin on a rack and place in the oven for 15 minutes then turn the temp down to 260F for 1 1/2. (but after an hour check with a meat thermometer). When the center reaches 142F remove from the oven and allow to stand. The meat will reach the desired temp of 145-150F.

Slice and serve....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Okay. I mixed 5 ounces of jalapeno pepper jelly with 5 ounces of Raspberry Fruit Spread. I seasoned the roast with Montreal Steak Seasoning that I rubbed in to the meat and then just poured the jelly mixture over the roast. It worked like a champ. This is a definite keeper. DD decided that is how she wants the pork loin cooked for her wedding so I'll have to get another pork loin to cook and see how it freezes because there were no leftovers. Thanks Jeff! :smile:

jkath

Thanks, Jeff!
You should see the beautiful loin I got today - just a hair under 9½ lbs. - a steal for only $17. Perhaps I need to try this recipe earlier than I'd expected :chef: