Peanut Butter

phreak

Fisher's hotmomma asked me to post how to make peanut butter...so here goes...

It's super simple...just take a jar of roasted peanuts, salted, unsalted, honey it doesn't matter it's just a matter of taste.

Put your peanuts in the food processor. Next drizzle a tablespoon or so of honey(again to your taste) onto your nuts. If you used unsalted you might want to ad a little sea salt or kosher salt, depends on if you like salty nuts.

Start the food processor, let it rip for a minute or so, if the nuts stick to the walls stop and scrape the sides.

Now start to drizzle peanut oil, olive oil, or my favorite butter, slowly while the food processor's doing it's thing.(if you use butter you must refrigerate the peanut butter and it will get quite hard so you will have to let it sit out for awhile to soften before using, if you're spreading). It won't take much, maybe a tablespoon or so...it's easy to ad too much and end up with runny nut butter, so go easy. You will have to scrape the sides a few times, but that's the hardest part of making your own peanut butter.

I've used mixed nuts pretty successfully, I would imagine you could use any nut you prefer...

OK, there it is, I fully expect this thread to go way off the deep end with cheap innuendos.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, phreak! This is an excellent tutorial! My family all loves peanut butter and so do I! I love the idea of honey in it - I'm going out today to buy the peanuts. BTW, if I use olive oil, do I still need to refrigerate it?

Thanks again - you're the best for remembering!

phreak

Thanks, phreak! This is an excellent tutorial! My family all loves peanut butter and so do I! I love the idea of honey in it - I'm going out today to buy the peanuts. BTW, if I use olive oil, do I still need to refrigerate it?

Thanks again - you're the best for remembering!

I don't think it would need refrigeration with olive oil...The only reason it would need refrigeration is if it had dairy product(butter).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i wouldn't use olive oil unless it was lt.- i made almond butter with it & it was yucky! i couldn't ingest it!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I prefer peanut oil myself but have never added honey but will next time around for sure.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Crushed Peanuts + peanut oil = peanut butter (very logical really) :unsure:

I just naturally go for blonds even those that were blond a short time. :mrgreen:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Fisher's hotmomma asked me to post how to make peanut butter...so here goes...

It's super simple...just take a jar of roasted peanuts, salted, unsalted, honey it doesn't matter it's just a matter of taste.

Put your peanuts in the food processor. Next drizzle a tablespoon or so of honey(again to your taste) onto your nuts. If you used unsalted you might want to ad a little sea salt or kosher salt, depends on if you like salty nuts.

Start the food processor, let it rip for a minute or so, if the nuts stick to the walls stop and scrape the sides.

Now start to drizzle peanut oil, olive oil, or my favorite butter, slowly while the food processor's doing it's thing.(if you use butter you must refrigerate the peanut butter and it will get quite hard so you will have to let it sit out for awhile to soften before using, if you're spreading). It won't take much, maybe a tablespoon or so...it's easy to ad too much and end up with runny nut butter, so go easy. You will have to scrape the sides a few times, but that's the hardest part of making your own peanut butter.

I've used mixed nuts pretty successfully, I would imagine you could use any nut you prefer...

OK, there it is, I fully expect this thread to go way off the deep end with cheap innuendos.

Couldn't you put it in a butter bell like you do butter so that you don't have to refrigerate it?

phreak

Couldn't you put it in a butter bell like you do butter so that you don't have to refrigerate it?

I didn't even know what a butter bell was until I just googled it. Thanks for the heads up, they look pretty neat, I think I'll have to get one now. I really don't know if that would work or not for p-nut butter.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love my Butter Bell. You just have to make sure that you change the water every couple of days. It's nice to have soft spreadable butter whenever you want it.

I don't know if it will work for peanut butter though, but I don't see why it wouldn't.