Oven Roasted Stuffed Acorn Squash

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
This is the recipe I'm going to follow.
Keep in mind I'll be doing this with one squash, and minus the apple.
So there is going to be a bit of stuffing left to use for something else.
I think.. lol

20201018_080431.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Believe it or not, I just stuffed a baked sweet potato with this for tomorrow's lunch.
Did you scoop out the potato meat and add it to the stuffing before stuffing the potato? Can't wait to see a picture.
Both these versions sound like nice additions to thanksgiving menu.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Did you scoop out the potato meat and add it to the stuffing before stuffing the potato? Can't wait to see a picture.
Both these versions sound like nice additions to thanksgiving menu.
No Peeps, I baked it, split it, then mushed the potato a bit before adding the stuffing.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sass' post about stuffed acorn squash yesterday got my attention. Then, today, this post appeared on Facebook. The woman won a contest by a local farmstand for this recipe. Looks great, so I thought I'd add it here.

Note: Her stuffing is very similar to my Thanksgiving stuffing, but I use Jimmy Dean bulk sausage. SO good!

Lee

Stuffed squash
Pictured is golden acorn squash (use your choice) stuffed with Piantadosi’s Tuscan chicken sausage, diced onions, celery and garlic, fresh spinach, wheat bread cubed season with Bell’s.

For 1 squash (feeds 2), I used equivalent of 2 sausages, stalk celery, 1/2 onion, 2 small cloves garlic, about cup of bread, cup or more of spinach, about 2 tsp bells seasoning. Also a couple of tbsp water and EVOO to sauté celery and onions.

Par cook squash: cut in half, cook cut side down in microwave for 5 minutes. Will not be cooked through
Make stuffing. Don’t overcook. Put in squash. Drizzled a small amt of EVOO over the top.
Bake at 350 for 45 min.

You can add parm cheese or top with it.
Serve with cranberry sauce if desired.

sausage stuffed squash.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
These came out really good.
I didn't leave them in the oven quite as long after adding the cooked, ground sage sausage and onions, then the sage stuffing.
Added the pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup at the end.

20211110_161708.jpg