Ordered my first spectacles but not sure of lenses

LastManStanding

I ordered my first ever eye glasses. Got my eyes checked, using some computerized machines too.
But my left eye is weaker than the right eye. The lenses prescribed were same power(it was done by a technician, not a doctor). She said 1.5 power lenses for both eyes. I don't think it should be, as the right eye is a little better.I am sure it should be different. Going to a doctor to get a second opinion tomorrow. First thing tomorrow morning is to tell the glass people to hold the work until I get it cleared.
Anyone here knows about this stuff?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
My DR. Set me up with Prescription Glasses.
Bi-focal's I keep them by my night stand.
I bought on Amazon 5 pairs reading glasses'
For $12. They can do any power, These are well made.
and I use them on computer, going shopping.
I'm 2 power readers.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The 1.5 magnification sound like reading glasses only. Like Dan said you can get those on Amazon or at drug stores for a nominal price. The eye Doctor should get you on the right track.
Note: I don't normally need reading glasses, I have a lens in right eye for far away and one in left eye set for reading. They work together somehow. Most of us can do something similar. With contacts or glasses. I had cataract's and had the option at that time to get those particular lenses.

Johnny West

My DR. Set me up with Prescription Glasses.
Bi-focal's I keep them by my night stand.
I bought on Amazon 5 pairs reading glasses'
For $12. They can do any power, These are well made.
and I use them on computer, going shopping.
I'm 2 power readers.
I’m using Costco readers, as well… 2 power.

LastManStanding

I regret now ordering that pair. I could've saved a great lot of money. Lesson learned. But at a high cost.
I paid around 200 USD in my currency for a lens with blue light filter etc etc including frame. I should've asked here before buying. I won't be wearing it all the time, only for computer and phone use.