Nintendo Wiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Anyone have this yet? I just went on EBay the last couple of days and bought a system and entirely too many accessories, LOL. I think I now have at least 2 of every type of controller and 4 of most plus about 48 games, errr, just got off EBay so make that 49.
Got the Fit for the wife so she can do aerobics and workouts at home and the Sports Resort for all of us. Even got Lightsaber Duels so me and my son can hack at each other, LOL. And of course 4 wheels so we can all race against each other in MarioCart. And Zap Guns for Ghost Squad so we can shoot things, gotta have a good shooting game.
I liked the fact that it seemed much more family orientated than the XBox we previously had.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I don't personally own, but my middle son's family does. We spent a week in North Carolina with his family and my oldest son's family right after last Christmas. I never did play it but it looked like a lot of fun as they played for hours. I did notice you don't play this sitting on your butt but have to get up to play so that has to be good. Nothing like the Atari game console my kids had growing up.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We have one and love it. Got Sports Resort along with a couple of the extra sensory modules for the remotes and it does add to the control. Sports Resort alone will keep you busy for a while. It has a nice dualing saber kind of game. 100 pin bowling is da bomb. Ping pong is also pretty cool ...and the Island fly over is great entertainment for one person playing. I agree that it is a good family gaming console. :thumb:

I can't compare it to xbox as I've never played it, but a month or two back someone asked which gaming console was best and a lot of members chimed in with the strong points of each system.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I can't compare it to xbox as I've never played it, but a month or two back someone asked which gaming console was best and a lot of members chimed in with the strong points of each system.

Musta been Keltin, our resident gamer.

There is a Wii in my house and I agree that it has some wonderful, fun family games. Now, if I could just get the family here to use it..... :huh:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I have an XBox, too, and while it is a lot of fun you don't really do anything but sit on your butt for hours.
Like Joe said, with the Wii it seems you spend more time on your feet, so I saw that as a plus. That and it seems to have more 'family' orientated games readily available while my XBox seems more geared to teen and above.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It is kind of nice seeing kids stand up and bounce around to play a game other than just sit.