new favicon

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can you tell what the favicon is?

For those who don't know, the favicon is the little tiny image that is shown in the tab when viewing the forums on Firefox and maybe the new verison of IE. I'm wondering if anyone can tell what the picture is of ....or is it to small to distinguish?

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
The swelling of Slagle's belly at an all-you-can-eat buffet?:mrgreen:

Its not that round, kind of more oblong :hide:

Is it a place setting, Royal Dalton with Strasburg silver?

little to small to tell the exact patterns.

The Tourist

Banned
In all seriousness, where on the page does this appear? I must admit, I don't see any aditional icon, image, avatar or new-world-order permission stamp.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:D

That is why I 'tried' to explain what it was.
It kind of depends on what browser you use.
In IE, I do not see it. In firefox I see it on the tab which shows what site is displayed on that tab. Or if you only have one site open in a firefox window the favicon will also appear at the begining of the address in the url line.
Hope that makes sense.

What are favicons for? They help make it easy to find the site when you have a group of sites open ... you see the familiar favicon and know it's net cooking talk.
They are super small. 16x16.
I have them on net car stop also ..... but if you are using IE I don't think you'll see them. Someone correct me on this if I am wrong. I don't use IE so I might be missing it.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
You've changed it! I can't tell what it is now.

I use Firefox. I tried Internet Exploder. Not visable.

Jim

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's a fork with a heart on it. I can make it out but I know what it is.
I'll find another one that shows up better.
Feel free to post suggestions here ... but beware, all clarity goes away when an image is shrank to 16x16.