NCT Cooks Challenge 21 Sept 20 - Sept 27 BREAKFAST

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
1. Pasta (unstuffed, filled or otherwise layered)
2. Chicken
3. Duck
4. Fowl (yeah, you can also do one for the previous three)
5. Something from the ocean/pond/lake/stream/river/puddle
6. Ground Cow
7. Smoked Pig
8 Cream
9. Your favourite spice
10 Your favourite herb
11 Breakfast
12 Stew
13. Middle Eastern
14. Chinese
15. Seasonal vegetable of your choice (must be 'in' season)
16. Dessert

Breakfast for dinner, breakfast for lunch, breakfast for breakfast!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ohhhhh...this is perfect! With fall just around the corner, I've been eyeballing that can of pumpkin in the pantry so I know what I'm making!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made pumpkin pancakes last night. LOL But I have another can and buttermilk was thinking of waffles.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's what I made for breakfast this morning Peeps! Pumpkin pancakes with maple whipped cream, bacon and scrambled eggs served out on the patio.

Attachments

• breakfast-09232010-1.jpg
    breakfast-09232010-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 223
  • breakfast-09232010-2.jpg
    breakfast-09232010-2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 225

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That's what I made for breakfast this morning Peeps! Pumpkin pancakes with maple whipped cream, bacon and scrambled eggs served out on the patio.
OH MAMA that looks fantastic!! I wasn't all that happy with my pumpkin pancake recipe would you share yours? and did you just add maple syrup to heavy cream and whip or is there more to it? Did you just add maple syrup to heavy cream and whip or is there more to it?

Phiddlechik

German pancake with thick sliced farmer's bacon, and warm apple compote: diced apples, applesauce, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves.

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpg
    IMG_4132.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 231

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
German pancake with thick sliced farmer's bacon, and warm apple compote: diced apples, applesauce, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, cloves.
That looks like yorkshire pudding. Yummy!! No pic of the apple compote? :sad:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Over easy eggs with bacon lardons sprinkled on top, pan fried Red & Yukon potatoes (fried in a small amount of bacon fat with red & green peppers, mushrooms and onions) and nicely browned homemade buttermilk biscuits (I replace 1 Tbsp per cup of flour with 1 Tbsp of wheat germ) with butter & fresh local creamed honey on the side.

eggs_buttermilk_biscuits_092310_P1060358.JPG

creamed_honey_092310_P1060352.JPG

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Phiddle, your pancake looks like what I know as Dutch Babies!! I LOVE those things! Stupid-easy, impressive and delicious! I bet your entire breakfast was incredible!

Peep, your breakfast looks fantastic, too! I have never had creamed honey, but I am positive that I'd love it!

Great job, you guys!

Lee

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh mama, you have such a knack for plating - and photography - and COOKING! That looks absolutely outstanding...Phiddlechik, I have always wanted to make one of those. I know my husband would love them. Maybe I'll get brave enough to try. And Peeps - I love your breakfast for dinner. Perfect biscuits. Here's a pic of our Huevos Divorciados (divorced eggs) - red salsa on one side, green on the other and beans down the middle. Some Spanish chorizo on the side.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 243

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Karen, your breakfast is making my mouth water!!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Karen and Vera.

Karen your meal looks fantastic!! I would love the 2 salsas/sauces. I wouldn't have to choose!! LOL

Mama thank you for the link I am on my way to check it out!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Very nice Phiddle....That looks so cool. I'll bet it was sooooo good with the apple compote..Yummmmm!

I could dig right in Peeps!

Karen, thank you for the wonderful compliment. Your breakfast looks wonderful!

Vera....YUM! I haven't had eggs like that in years. We call them eggs in a basket.