My Salisbury Steaks

RobCooks

I'll try not to make this too lengthy. Hope I'm in the right sub-forum this time! QSis asked for this, happy to oblige.

Salisbury Steak:
20241018_201241.jpg

3# 80% ground beef, two large eggs, 2 tbs Worcestershire, 8 oz mushrooms, sliced (I used white), 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper, 64 oz beef stock (I LIKE gravy!), 1 + 1/2 stick butter, 1/2 cup AP flour, 1 large onion (I used yellow). Mix beef, eggs, Worcestershire, salt and pepper by hand until well combined. Place in fridge until needed.

Now make the gravy:
20241018_193538.jpg

I sliced the onion at about 1/8" thick in a mandolin. Place in your pot with the 1/2 stick butter and gently simmer to caramelize. Once you like them, remove them with tongs and continue with the pan drippings. Add 1 stick butter to melt, then slowly add flour, whisking the whole time. Bring to simmer, and add mushrooms when it begins to thicken. Stir occasionally, and add back onions when the mushrooms are cooked nicely.

As the gravy simmers, make the meat: Form meat into oval patties (I used 1/3 # per steak). Cook to medium on a hot cooker of choice to get a nice char (I was stuck indoors, so this time I used the George Foreman grill), cooking to medium. When done, add steaks to gravy and slow simmer for about an hour for gravy to get into the steaks. Ready to serve or hold hot until needed.

Hope you enjoy!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Great, thanks, Rob!

I love Salisbury steak and haven't had it in awhile. Now I want it!

Lee