Fresh parsley - chopped fine
Ground hot red pepper flakes
Salt
Ground black pepper
Bread crumbs
Grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses
Canola oil
Butchers twine

In bowl; mix all above filling ingredients to taste (amounts depend on how many steaks you have). Add just enough olive oil to hold filling together.

Place steak slice between plastic wrap (wet slightly with water on both sides) and pound with flat side of mallet or with a heavy frying pan till very thin, making sure not to tear. Place filling on steak stopping about an from the end that is away from you. Roll steak jelly roll style to the end. Secure the roll with butchers twine about 1 inch apart from end to end. In heavy frying pan heat oil. Brown rolls on all sides. Remove and drain. Simmer in Tomato Sauce for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender.

lilylove

Sounds gooood!! Do you spice up the tomato sauce with anything? Maybe more of the spices used in the meat?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I would use my own marinara sauce with this myself. I make a batch about every two weeks almost 8 qts of it at a time.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
My Braciole

Thin sliced beef round steak for Braciole

Filling:
Fresh garlic - minced fine or grated
Onion - minced fine
Fresh basil - chopped fine
Fresh oregano - chopped fine
Ground hot red pepper flakes
Salt
Ground black pepper
Bread crumbs
Grated Romano and Parmesan cheeses
Canola oil
Butchers twine

In bowl; mix all above filling ingredients to taste (amounts depend on how many steaks you have). Add just enough olive oil to hold filling together.

Place steak slice between plastic wrap (wet slightly with water on both sides) and pound with flat side of mallet or with a heavy frying pan till very thin, making sure not to tear. Place filling on steak stopping about an from the end that is away from you. Roll steak jelly roll style to the end. Secure the roll with butchers twine about 1 inch apart from end to end. In heavy frying pan heat oil. Brown rolls on all sides. Remove and drain. Simmer in Tomato Sauce for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender.

Nice! Thank you for sharing :tiphat:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
thank all!! just let me know how you like it if you make them.

lily here is my basic tomato sauce recipe

Basic Tomato Sauce

Olive oil
Fresh garlic - chopped fine
Onion - chopped fine
Fresh basil - chopped fine
Fresh oregano - chopped fine
Ground hot pepper flakes
Salt
Ground black pepper
Pinch sugar
28 oz. can Crushed or whole tomatoes (chopped)
6 oz. can Tomato paste
Burgundy wine
Water

Whole fresh basil leaves - ripped into small pieces
Whole fresh oregano leaves
Whole fresh parsley leaves
ADDED NEAR END OF COOKING

Heat pot over medium heat then add olive oil. Add garlic and onion and cook over low heat just to softened them (do not brown or they become bitter). Add tomato paste and cook slightly. Add enough wine and stir till you reach a smooth thick consistency. Add crushed tomatoes, sugar, all chopped herbs (except whole leaves to taste) and spices. Add 1- 28 oz. can of water. Stir well and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Taste and correct seasoning during cooking if needed. Add additional water and/or wine if needed, to thin to desired consistency. Add whole leaves about 15 minutes before done cooking to add a "fresh, bright" herb flavor.

Variation:
Chuck steak - brown in pot. Remove follow above directions. Lower to simmer and add the meat. Simmer till meat is tender.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Sass. I have a tutorial with pictures and more detailed instructions. I’ll try to find it.