Moviegoer tells woman to stop talking, gets stabbed w/ meat thermometer.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
This is food related, right? Who takes a meat thermometer to the movies anyway? Are they checking if their hotdog is kept at a safe temperature? :bonk:

A woman talking on a cell phone during a movie didn't take kindly to being "shushed" by another moviegoer. Or at least her boyfriend didn't.
In a drama that turned more lively than the one on screen -- "Shutter Island" -- the boyfriend allegedly attacked and stabbed the "shusher" in the neck with a meat thermometer. Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the stabbing occured Saturday during a screening of the Martin Scorsese film.
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...-Phone-Gets-Stabbed-in-the-Neck-87144462.html

buckytom

Grill Master
it's very rare when that happens at a scorcese film...

i heard the movie sucked, too. the cinematography wasn't well done...

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I suppose 98.6 is as good a comparison as any to check the thermometer's accuracy. :yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
it's very rare when that happens at a scorcese film...

i heard the movie sucked, too. the cinematography wasn't well done...

I LOVED "Shutter Island"! It had all the elements that I adore in movies: a mystery, fog, thunderstorm, island with an old mental institution, suspense, a few startles .... loved everything about it and I can't wait to see it again!

Should be more movies made like this one!

Lee

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks, cc. i guess my jokes flew a little too far under the radar this time, lol.

:wall:

it's rare when it happens... not well done...

a meat thermometer? :wave:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL! OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK!

Sheesh.

Lee

P.S. LOVED that movie!

thanks, cc. i guess my jokes flew a little too far under the radar this time, lol.

Now you're entering DiLaurentiis' territory:puke1:Glad Jada went into another line of work.

The TV spots look good, but I'm not a Leonardo fan. As far as some psycho in a movie theatre, just sick is all I can say.

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

OMG!!! I can't believe I didn't get this! (I'm blaming it on dealing with a crazy teen this week - he has sucked all the humor right out of me.) Anyway - good one, BT!!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I got it Bucky, I just didn't read it toll late.

Was it a digital? Otherwise, it would be hard to tell of it read 98.6.

Just goes to show you, we need stricter thermometer control legislation in this country.

FryBoy

I always carry a thermometer for self protection. I prefer a folder, like this:

1248800498308.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
i can see buzz now:
"i know what you're thinking. "did he take six readings, or only five?" well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement i kind of lost track myself. but being as this is a thermopen, the most powerful meat thermometer in the world, you've got to ask yourself one question: do i feel lucky? well, do ya, punk?"

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
i can see buzz now:
"i know what you're thinking. "did he take six readings, or only five?" well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement i kind of lost track myself. but being as this is a thermopen, the most powerful meat thermometer in the world, you've got to ask yourself one question: do i feel lucky? well, do ya, punk?"

lol BT. Yes, I feel lucky, lucky to have discovered the Thermopen. It works. I have two other thermos that are just as accurate although not nearly as fast. I prefer the Thermopen because, well. I dunno, just because.....