Mountain Man Breakfast

Johnny West

I got this from Dutch Oven Daddy on Facebook and adapted it to what I had. Right now I’m not eating store bought sausage so used sugar free bacon and leftover sirloin steak. I‘m not eating potatoes, either, so subbed celeriac which is keto friendly.

I sautéed cubed celeriac, onions, salt and pepper in a bit of olive oil till celeriac was soft. in another skillet I sautéed bacon then added the grilled steak till heated through. I then added the meat to the veg, beat 6 eggs with a bit of milk, salt and pepper, stirred that into the veg and meat, stirred in a some shredded cheese, then baked in the oven. When it was mostly set up I topped with shredded cheese, put the lid on and baked till the cheese was melted.

I have half left over and will eat it tonight.

42A06CFC-B904-4B47-855B-A88D4A6C42D8.jpeg
FEC07116-8302-4779-9E9E-5FA4C4F66856.jpeg
72FA538E-B73F-42A5-919E-3E460792760C.jpeg
91FDBC55-5399-48FB-9142-6D5315C93D22.jpeg

Johnny West

I topped with Choula Hot Sauce at the table. Nancy is eating vegetarian and has been making the best salads.

D0A6A4E4-848C-4421-ACA9-AE777EF6083E.jpeg

Johnny West

That looks terrific!

I've only cooked with celeriac once - I liked it a lot!

Lee
We’ve had it several times but usually creamed as a side dish. This is quite good. I have steak left and think I’ll make hash using celeriac.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We’ve had it several times but usually creamed as a side dish. This is quite good. I have steak left and think I’ll make hash using celeriac.

If you get a nice crust, it should be delicious! I might try that some time, too.

Lee

Johnny West

If you get a nice crust, it should be delicious! I might try that some time, too.

Lee
I did. I had the leftovers for lunch. I think you would like it. You could use potatoes or sweet potatoes since you are not doing keto. I want to make my own breakfast sausage for the next one.