Moroccan Chicken Skewers - Milk Street

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This was easy and absolutely delicious! I have never grilled lemon halves before, but I will from now on! The juice squeezed out so easily, and with a little honey on them, added a wonderful flavor to the already-wonderful grilled chicken!

This is a keeper!

I sprinkled some of my fresh spearmint on the chicken; my dill on the buttered carrots.

Lee

Moroccan Chicken Skewers – Milk Street
3 lemons
¼ cup evoo, plus extra to drizzle
3 garlic cloves, grated
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1 T. ground cumin (I toast mine)
1 T. ground coriander
2 teas. Kosher salt
1 teas. Ground black pepper
3 T. honey, divided
1 ½-2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
¼ cup minced herbs, e.g. cilantro, mint, parsley

1. For marinade: grate 1 lemon into a bowl and squeeze half a lemon into the bowl (about 2 T). Add olive oil garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and 2 T. honey

2. Cut each chicken thigh into 3 strips, cross-wise, and add to marinade for no more than 30 minutes.

3. Thread chicken pieces onto four metal skewers. Cut 2 lemons in half.

4. Heat grill to high for 10-15 minutes, then turn to medium-high before adding chicken.

5. Grill chicken until well-charred, 10-12 minutes. Grill lemon halves, cut-side down. Remove all to platter when done.

6. Drizzle honey over cut sides of lemons. Squeeze one lemon half over chicken, drizzle chicken with a little olive oil, and sprinkle with herbs.

7. Serve remaining lemon halves on the side

Moroccan chicken.JPG

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As far as I'm concerned, this is the only way to have boneless, skinless chicken thighs.

Delicious marinade! (Reduce the salt by half, though).

Lee

Attachments

• Chicken skewers.JPG
    Chicken skewers.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Chicken skewers plated.JPG
    Chicken skewers plated.JPG
    182.6 KB · Views: 18