LPBeier (Lydia Purple)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I recently read at DC that Laurie went to the ER about her leg and needs to have some more tests. She said something about strokelike symptoms and numbness. Please keep her in your prayers. I am very worried about her.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Her posts yesterday & today say there was a minor clot in her leg - she is much better and has some medication and a support stocking. She has been referred back to physiotherapy to try and break up the scar tissue inside her knee.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I have a star next to my name. I do not know what that means. I know that occasionally the site works for me. When I can, I try to post as I normally would. As I said, I am the same me wherever I go.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
She is still in my prayers, she has always been a good friend to me. I hope she starts to see some improvement soon.

Calicolady

Thanks for the info, Susan.
I just got an email off to her.
She's had her "3" s. She needs a break already.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If you are in email contact with her, Calico, please let her know that we are pulling for her here, as well!

Thanks!

Lee

Thank you Calico Lady for your email and letting me know that you were aware of my situation over here. I really appreciate the concern, thoughts and prayers that I have been feeling. It really has helped.

I think miniman has summed it up the best. I went to emergency Saturday night because my leg suddenly swelled up many times its normal size and the circulation was cut off to the lower leg. I felt something was seriously wrong and went right in. They fast-tracked me in for blood tests which showed positive for clotting; however, this is not a conclusive test. I couldn't have the ultrasound because the department was closed. But the doctor had the wherewithall to treat me as if they knew for sure and he sent me home around midnight with a pressure stocking and a prescription for blood thinning shots with I give myself once a day (have done this before) as well as instructions to call in the morning for an appointment with radiology. Unfortunately because it was Sunday and snowing they had a skeleton staff so put me off until 8:30 am Monday. I was to rest all day Sunday as directed and went in earlier on Monday because my GP was doing rounds. I got my scan and the results showed a very small clot on the side of the kneecap. Apparently between my getting their quickly and their treating me right away we averted a major problem.

I am still on rest, shots and the stocking, but the swelling and circulation are improving all the time.

I will be going for physio to see if they can non-invasively break down the scar tissue inside through massage and needles. Another operation would just make it worse.

As for the stroke like symptoms, I did have some minor ones which are probably related to the poor circulation in the leg but am having a CT scan done of my brain in 2 weeks to be safe.

I am doing fine and appreciate your concern. I have chosen to leave this site and this will be my last post. I miss all my friends and my departure is not because of anyone or anything. It is just a choice. I wish you all the best and if you are not visiting the other site and want to still communicate with me, I give Calico permission to PM you my email address.

Love and hugs,
Lydiapurple

Last edited:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
You will be missed as, unfortunately, DC has decided to prevent many of those who visit and post to both sites from logging in. This means many here will be unable to communicate with you except thru email, not thru any decision of ours but due to actions taken by DC.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Best of luck to you, Laurie!

I hope our paths cross again!

Lee

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Just exchanged pms with Laurie. She is continuing to improve, though still a little pain. The clot is dispersing. If anyone wants me to take a message over, I'm quite happy to do so.

Calicolady

Boy, I don't know why I missed her post of 2/03. That answers my questions.
Me too if you want to send a message.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, she knows where to reach me if she wants to. She never answered the last email that I sent her. I wish her all the best and am glad that she is improving. All the stress of being a moderator is the last thing that she needs right now but as she said, she made a choice.