Low Carb Hamburger Green Bean Casserole

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
This is another recipe that I found and “doctor’d up” from the original. It’s not Keto but has more protein and less refined carbs. Great for Diabetics and Pre-Diabetics like me!

1 lb. 90/10 hamburger
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp granulated onion powder
1 tsp granulated garlic powder
1/2 tsp course ground pepper
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
3/4 c beef broth
1/2 c heavy cream
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce or use liquid aminos
1- 10 oz pkg frozen cut green beans, thawed
1 c French fried onions - divided
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese - divided
3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese - divided
6 oz cooked noodles (I use No Yolks as they are lighter)

Preheat oven to 350°. Brown hamburger at medium heat in a nonstick skillet with sides. When meat is halfway done, add chopped onion, seasoning salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Mix well. Then incorporate the softened cream cheese until fully melted.
In a measuring cup, add beef broth and soy sauce (or Aminos). Pour into meat mixture, then add heavy cream. Bring to just a boil and reduce heat to simmer until the liquid starts to thicken. Add green beans, cooked noodles, 1/2 c of fried onions and 1/4 c of each of the cheeses. Careful mix until all is incorporated. Pour into a greased 2qt baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and fried onions. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
PXL_20240611_010521336.MP.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is another recipe that I found and “doctor’d up” from the original. It’s not Keto but has more protein and less refined carbs. Great for Diabetics and Pre-Diabetics like me!

1 lb. 90/10 hamburger
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp granulated onion powder
1 tsp granulated garlic powder
1/2 tsp course ground pepper
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
3/4 c beef broth
1/2 c heavy cream
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce or use liquid aminos
1- 10 oz pkg frozen cut green beans, thawed
1 c French fried onions - divided
3/4 c shredded cheddar cheese - divided
3/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese - divided
6 oz cooked noodles (I use No Yolks as they are lighter)

Preheat oven to 350°. Brown hamburger at medium heat in a nonstick skillet with sides. When meat is halfway done, add chopped onion, seasoning salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Mix well. Then incorporate the softened cream cheese until fully melted.
In a measuring cup, add beef broth and soy sauce (or Aminos). Pour into meat mixture, then add heavy cream. Bring to just a boil and reduce heat to simmer until the liquid starts to thicken. Add green beans, cooked noodles, 1/2 c of fried onions and 1/4 c of each of the cheeses. Careful mix until all is incorporated. Pour into a greased 2qt baking dish. Top with remaining cheeses and fried onions. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!View attachment 67439

Oh, I am SO making this!!! Thanks, Sharon!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is DELICIOUS!!! Sharon, I'm thrilled!

I made the first part of the recipe (up to adding the cheeses) yesterday. I used a 12 oz. bag of fresh green beans (nuked in bag) and I added 2 cloves of garlic to the onion. Didn't have any cream so I omitted it. Mixed in about 5 oz. cooked No Yolk noodles.

Today, I added 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese to the mix. Put just the amount I wanted for dinner in a Pyrex bowl and sprinkled some reduced fat shredded cheeses (Mexican blend and mozzarella) on top only. Topped with a sprinkle of Durkee's fried onion rings. Toaster oven for 15 minutes.

Wow! Did not need the noodles at all - I left most of them on my plate. Next time, I will sub sauteed fresh mushrooms for the pasta.

Served with wonderful campari tomatoes dressed with Maldon salt, black truffle oil and my garden basil.

A winner!

Lee

green bean casserole.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
This is DELICIOUS!!! Sharon, I'm thrilled!

I made the first part of the recipe (up to adding the cheeses) yesterday. I used a 12 oz. bag of fresh green beans (nuked in bag) and I added 2 cloves of garlic to the onion. Didn't have any cream so I omitted it. Mixed in about 5 oz. cooked No Yolk noodles.

Today, I added 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese to the mix. Put just the amount I wanted for dinner in a Pyrex bowl and sprinkled some reduced fat shredded cheeses (Mexican blend and mozzarella) on top only. Topped with a sprinkle of Durkee's fried onion rings. Toaster oven for 15 minutes.

Wow! Did not need the noodles at all - I left most of them on my plate. Next time, I will sub sauteed fresh mushrooms for the pasta.

Served with wonderful campari tomatoes dressed with Maldon salt, black truffle oil and my garden basil.

A winner!

Lee

View attachment 67578
Yayyyyyy!! I like your adjustments as well! I don’t normally put noodles in mine but I did it for Buzz because he misses his noodles 😄